help, what else do i need for preps?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Reaction score
I have a large alice pack, first aide kit, compact fishing kit, bag of misc tool. Bag of compact toilet paper, 50ft paracord, one canteen with water purification tablets, mess kit with P-38 paracored on. Stainless steel cup and folding stove with about 50 pyropacks. Camo poncho, poncho liner, bayonet, multi tool, mora knife, warerproof matches, regular matches, magnesium firestarter, lighters, bag of dryer lint for tinder, four mres, four freeze dried meals, tea bags, binocs, shemagh, tripwire and my ak47 with chest rig with seven mags and about 1500 rounds 7.62x39, just stockpiled not in my pack

How about dry socks & foot powder? Seems simple but if you have to use your BOB chances are you'll be on foot in unknown conditions for a period.... just my $0.02 worth

How about dry socks & foot powder? Seems simple but if you have to use your BOB chances are you'll be on foot in unknown conditions for a period.... just my $0.02 worth
Definetly, that is an excellant point and i feel like a dumbass for not thinking of that. Definetly will throw in some ofy fox socks i picked up at the PX

No worries - it's all a learning experience. PM me and I'll send you my checklist for my BOB if you like, it's not perfect but I think is pretty inclusive.

Alwase have a back up for every thing you have for me it's a game of when you find one find two becouse you can't even imagine what it will be like after a event

Its not always more need....what can you do with out and still make it? what one thing can you use multiple times with other things.

you can have all the knowledge in the world, but with out pliable skill of the knowledge then its wasted.
I uneerstand, but with growing up in the woods and on the farm id like tobthink i have sufficent skills...of course no one is ever to good to not have to sharpen their skills

Clothing as mentioned before (socks, shirts, boxers), bandana, emergency radio, flashlight, batteries, compass, bolt cutters (something I find important), safety pins, floss, toothbrush (why not), ... and you might not need that dryer lint as you could find some natural tinder in moss/sticks/etc and end up saving some space in your pack.

Those are some basics that you could add... and having multiples is always good as mentioned, which is something that I've been doing too since I'm also prepping with my wife, so when I buy something I usually get her one too.

After a while you might find yourself not needing a majority of the items living in the bush, sure they might make some tasks easier.... but for example, the show Survivorman (Les Stroud) when he goes in somewhere he has next to nothing and lasts a week and sometimes he thrives so much that he could probably be fine there for much longer, which comes down to skills and knowledge.

how bout a tarp or 2 you will need shelter at some point, a backup full tang knife, wool blanket or a sleeping bag, a compass, rope or more paracord, camp axe or folding saw i reccomend an axe with a wooden handle it is easy to replace in the feild if broken.

If you can spare the room I personally put a tent in mine so that I had it till it finally gave in on me but that's just me I Would rather not stay outdoors in the frozen winters .

a hammock i say it's mainly for a b.h.b. for when you need to get home on foot instead of driveing.there could be times its best to set-up quiekly n take down quiekly..and they can be quieker then a tent at times

Duct tape, for whatever, I keep a small role on the outside of my pack. For me I also keep a pair of reading glasses, just in case I loose my glasses and could also be used as a magnifier to start a fire. Mirror for signaling and/or fire starting. Again items w/multiple uses.

I've never thought of duck tape but that's a good idea also something I thought of today at work was a sewing kit they will come in handy for when your jacket gives up and tears and just about any thing !!!

i bought a sewing kit and a small screw driver set at walgreens here a while back..and i only paid $2.50 each for them..and thier each in thier own plastic case..

Latest posts

Back