Help or Abandon?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Reaction score
Ok....
You've made sure you and your family are taken care of. You tried to get others on board, but that have declined.
Now the disaster you have been preparing for is here and now all those who ignored your invites to help get them prepared are suddenly at your door wanting to be your best friend. Some are even your extended family members....
Do you help them or turn your back and ignore them?

Good question!
i personally, am the type that would feel empathy. i would try my dangdest to help them out as much as i can.
and to think, the more people you have, the better your chances for survival....... unless you run outta food like the Donner party LOL.

Good question!
i personally, am the type that would feel empathy. i would try my dangdest to help them out as much as i can.
and to think, the more people you have, the better your chances for survival....... unless you run outta food like the Donner party LOL.
for me I would try to help them, but I won't put my family at risk by giving away my rations. Plus I don't reward stupidity or laziness.

for me I would try to help them, but I won't put my family at risk by giving away my rations. Plus I don't reward stupidity or laziness.
oh exactly. as i may share a bit of my food/water, and if my wife wishes to thats on her, but my kids rations would be off limits.
i would also expect, if i was as so kind as to share and help them, that they would return the favor in kind, with work once we reached our final destination. even if i first had to show them how to do it. as a group, it should be a group effort.

oh exactly. as i may share a bit of my food/water, and if my wife wishes to thats on her, but my kids rations would be off limits.
i would also expect, if i was as so kind as to share and help them, that they would return the favor in kind, with work once we reached our final destination. even if i first had to show them how to do it. as a group, it should be a group effort.
I agree with you guys, but it would suck to be prepared for such a situation, then have to hold someones hand. Last thing i need is to have to take care of someone else. My plate will be full. ----- full with food !!! cause we are preppers

I agree with you guys, but it would suck to be prepared for such a situation, then have to hold someones hand. Last thing i need is to have to take care of someone else. My plate will be full. ----- full with food !!! cause we are preppers
That we are. And I am not really wanting to reward someone for their piss poor planing or lake there of.
If I have to help someone, say my brother for example (he's a bleeding heart liberal anyways), that person would definitely have to earn their keep!
I'm not about let someone else enjoy my labors, and take from my family.

That we are. And I am not really wanting to reward someone for their piss poor planing or lake there of.
If I have to help someone, say my brother for example (he's a bleeding heart liberal anyways), that person would definitely have to earn their keep!
I'm not about let someone else enjoy my labors, and take from my family.
Roger That !!

hell no, not from my labors alone! if they want to sit back n watch me do it all, they can sit back n watch me n mine eat without them!
buuuuuutttt........ i am a helper and love to share my knowledge, i mean love to! therefor it will probably make me feel good to show others how its done. thats how one becomes a leader (post-shtf) in my mind anyway.
but ill tell you this, much like a construction job site, i dont like having to tell people how to do things more than once or twice. those that just dont seem to learn too well will get extra guard duty or pc duty, or better yet laundry duty LOL!

hell no, not from my labors alone! if they want to sit back n watch me do it all, they can sit back n watch me n mine eat without them!
buuuuuutttt........ i am a helper and love to share my knowledge, i mean love to! therefor it will probably make me feel good to show others how its done. thats how one becomes a leader (post-shtf) in my mind anyway.
but ill tell you this, much like a construction job site, i dont like having to tell people how to do things more than once or twice. those that just dont seem to learn too well will get extra guard duty or pc duty, or better yet laundry duty LOL!
Nothing worse than trying to teach someone to do something who either can't figure it out, out worse yet refuses to get it in the that someone else will do it for them. I too like to help, but there comes a point.

Latest posts

Back