Help a newbie pick a bug out bag

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowflake

Reaction score
Ok...my bug out bag has broken and right now my 48hr preps are in a bright blue supermarket bag(not good). So I'm off to buy a new one this weekend, I could also do with a bag for a 10yr old and a small handbag size prep tin for when i'm at work ect.

might try going to the different stores that has backpacks..look them all over before deciding..on which ones you buy for the both of you..even try them on if yall can.this way you'll buy the ones that fits the best.and you stand a better chance of buying the right ones for the both of you.might even try buying one thats a lil bit to big for him.on account he'll grow into it.pay attention to the color(s).want the correct color(s) for the area yall be in..

don't go for the cheapest,check the material,seems,zippers, straps.
the most expencive might not be the best for you so take yr time in choosing

might try going to the different stores that has backpacks..look them all over before deciding..on which ones you buy for the both of you..even try them on if yall can.this way you'll buy the ones that fits the best.and you stand a better chance of buying the right ones for the both of you.might even try buying one thats a lil bit to big for him.on account he'll grow into it.pay attention to the color(s).want the correct color(s) for the area yall be in..
Yip for sure, Mat camouflage, Padded shoulders and waist clip, Maybe straps for tent, Waterproof, 15lit in size(not sure if U.S use that sizing). Like most girls I love getting new thing's so can't wait.

don't go for the cheapest,check the material,seems,zippers, straps.
the most expencive might not be the best for you so take yr time in choosing
Going to discount mall with lot's of store's for the outdoors. If I don't get 1 I will try army/ navy store...They would be good for a tin for my hand bag.

i got my b.o.b at army/navy store.but i need 1 with more pockets.and the one i have now will be used for hiking/camping trips ...

yea rothco is great ! if your budget is tight u can it army surplus for an alice pack they are tough an cheap.

They would be good for a tin for my hand bag.

Rather than a tin, maybe look for a small waterproof plastic container, like a beach pack. Reasons: won't clank around in your purse, watertight. I even found a small plastic sealed food container that works great for my BOB first aid kit. Got it at a dollar store.

Rather than a tin, maybe look for a small waterproof plastic container, like a beach pack. Reasons: won't clank around in your purse, watertight. I even found a small plastic sealed food container that works great for my BOB first aid kit. Got it at a dollar store.
That's something I've got in my kitchen cupboards thanks man your a genius...free prep's are the best, I've got just the thing.

yea rothco is great ! if your budget is tight u can it army surplus for an alice pack they are tough an cheap.
Rothco look's good but army issues meant for the purpose will have a look into that , Not gona buy online tho cause I like to feel what I'm buying.

Almost any police/military/army/navy surplus or supplier will have these exact bags or close to them.

Almost any police/military/army/navy surplus or supplier will have these exact bags or close to them.
Most off my locations for bugging out are in dense forest areas and I would want to stash my bag in undergrowth every now and then hence the camo, I know it's a bit crass but I promise you I wont wear a red head band.

Snowflake,

I would go for a Bergen, the new versions that have been used by British forces have the reinforced internal frame and also a reinforced padded belt that will carry most of the weight. Comfortable and allows you to load your gear in a methodical way. Also it has two side saddles that are part of the pack, great for storing must need items and if your using a handheld radio with headphone/mic piece will be able to store it in the top saddle pocket, you call on that if your also wearing a vest. Also the new Bergens like the new versions of U.S. Mil gear have the quick release straps, so unharnessing backpack from body to react to a threat is seconds.

I would look on U.K. Ebay, they have a few online sold by GI stores like Jim and the others have recommended on thread.

Back to work for me

Regards,

Snowflake,

I would go for a Bergen, the new versions that have been used by British forces have the reinforced internal frame and also a reinforced padded belt that will carry most of the weight. Comfortable and allows you to load your gear in a methodical way. Also it has two side saddles that are part of the pack, great for storing must need items and if your using a handheld radio with headphone/mic piece will be able to store it in the top saddle pocket, you call on that if your also wearing a vest. Also the new Bergens like the new versions of U.S. Mil gear have the quick release straps, so unharnessing backpack from body to react to a threat is seconds.

I would look on U.K. Ebay, they have a few online sold by GI stores like Jim and the others have recommended on thread.

Back to work for me

Regards,
What's the frame made out of on that one?.
Did I tell you I'm off work for 2 weeks...prob tell you a few time's just to wind you up.

off work for 2 weeks? and you dont have things done yet? LOL
sat & sun my friend.;)
Also I'm hoping the weather will improve so I can go to my 4th bug out location I've put a hide up and want to monitor deer ect. The pollution's still high and its been a week since I seen the sky so no hope of seeing deer if the smog don't shift soon.

i hope things get better when it comes to the smog..and i hope you see some deer at your 4th bug out location

Latest posts

Back