Help a newbie pick a bug out bag

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah it does come in diff meats n all..the only one i've gone with so far,is beef.i tryed and dont like the peppered jerky.so i stick with the original..funny thing is.i not only like it..but so does my dog..matter of fact.i think she loves it more then i do..lol
I'm not sure it's the purest/healthy meat you can get.

yeah i've watched shows where they use dead pigs for practice stitching on.watching them,a person can at least learn somewhat on what to do and all..but practice is a must do,to learn even more.and to be able to get it right

yeah i've watched shows where they use dead pigs for practice stitching on.watching them,a person can at least learn somewhat on what to do and all..but practice is a must do,to learn even more.and to be able to get it right
I stitched an ex's finger when I was drunk, It turned out he'd nicked his tending and had to go to hosp anyways. He was a @#@# so I'm glad I got to cause him pain.

Chicken skin is also good for stitches.

I like turkey jerky and anything teriyaki flavored. Had some really good sausage sticks once but I'm not sure if they were beef, pork, or a blend.

the sausage sticks are really great at times..especially the ones with cheese..and when traveling to some where

Chicken skin is also good for stitches.

I like turkey jerky and anything teriyaki flavored. Had some really good sausage sticks once but I'm not sure if they were beef, pork, or a blend.
Turkey jerky, that just sound's funny. lol

My new b.o.b is here and I spent yesterday loading it and sorting my family's bags too. I've made a list of the kit I still need to buy for them £70 bucks and it's done. I've decided to include some clothes in them due to the Scottish weather.
I also sorted the prepping cupboard AGAIN! and now the family are clearer on what to grab. So next on the list is new boots.

Can't skimp on footwear. Very important part of it.
I go through boot's, Have to get new ones each year, I'm not shy when it comes to mud and rivers so my boots suffer. I tend to get basic walking boots for this but I should invest in good ones for hill walking. Whats the word on the site regarding good boots?

I would love your thoughts on dry meat products. I'm sure I heard that some State preppers use beef jerky. Are they any good or should I stick to hunting.

I was thinking the same thing. Jerky would be great! Good source of protein and keeps for long time. Also thought about trying to make my own also, since jerky can be reeealllyy expensive...

Can't skimp on footwear. Very important part of it.

Right you are! Bought my 9 y/o a good pair of tactical boots last week, and bought myself another pair of Belleville army issue boots yesterday. Along with my SWAT boots, I'm set. But along with the boots, a really GOOD pair of comfy socks are a MUST!! I have a pr. of 5.11 that I really like. Make sure to put a couple good pr of socks in your BOB!!

from what i hear.makeing it can cost just as much as buying it.if not more if a person don't plan it right.but yet.making your own is a great idea.this way you can go with meat(s) and spices that you prefer.

I was thinking the same thing. Jerky would be great! Good source of protein and keeps for long time. Also thought about trying to make my own also, since jerky can be reeealllyy expensive...
It's very cheap in the U.K and that makes me wonder about the quality of the product, But we do need some kind of meat(ish) thing for our B.O.B. so I guess it's better than nothing.

My new b.o.b is here and I spent yesterday loading it and sorting my family's bags too. I've made a list of the kit I still need to buy for them £70 bucks and it's done. I've decided to include some clothes in them due to the Scottish weather.
I also sorted the prepping cupboard AGAIN! and now the family are clearer on what to grab. So next on the list is new boots.

If you have lots of cold weather, you might want to think about getting some hand warmers to stuff in your bag. Compact and can slide easily inside your clothing.
Here's a couple links, or just go to your local camping/hunting store.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grabber-HWP...218?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46120fd912
http://www.ebay.com/itm/80-Heatmax-...444?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20e38861d4

Right you are! Bought my 9 y/o a good pair of tactical boots last week, and bought myself another pair of Belleville army issue boots yesterday. Along with my SWAT boots, I'm set. But along with the boots, a really GOOD pair of comfy socks are a MUST!! I have a pr. of 5.11 that I really like. Make sure to put a couple good pr of socks in your BOB!!
I didn't have socks in my bag but after chatting on site I have added socks and clothes as it rains soooo much here. I'm lucky I can fit into kids size in socks, boots so makes it a bit cheaper for me lol.
Got to get some blister packs for breaking in new boots.

one thing i've learned about jerky..is if you keep a small piece of jerky in between you cheek and teeth..it'll not only keep plenty of saliva in your mouth..but it might also cut down on hunger at same time..which is good if your in a situation where you gotta wait on eating..

If you have lots of cold weather, you might want to think about getting some hand warmers to stuff in your bag. Compact and can slide easily inside your clothing.
Here's a couple links, or just go to your local camping/hunting store.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grabber-HWP...218?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46120fd912
http://www.ebay.com/itm/80-Heatmax-...444?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20e38861d4
Thx for that, I don't have any hand warmers, Would be bad if my hand got so cold I couldn't light a fire. I love the cold.... think I should have been born in alaska.

I didn't have socks in my bag but after chatting on site I have added socks and clothes as it rains soooo much here. I'm lucky I can fit into kids size in socks, boots so makes it a bit cheaper for me lol.
Got to get some blister packs for breaking in new boots.

If it rains a lot, you might consider getting one of those small cheap ponchos. Staying warm and dry is important, especially for children. If you can spare the room, I'd get a more durable poncho. If space is tight, you can get the really cheap thin one's.

Latest posts

Back