Help a newbie pick a bug out bag

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snowflake,

Not sure about the Bergen pack, I will have to do a little research on it, if you'd like me too. I've got a friend in SAS, who will be able to tell me. He is not one on this site, so will have to email him. Might take me a few days, he is still a member, so he might even be deployed. We only talk, when he needs his Budweiser. You know those guys, so few of them now in RAF, that their rotations have been extended, also they are a bit more cheeky than most of us, lol. So he might be off drinking my Scotch.

Also, you being off doesn't bother me, but what really bothers me is that your so damn close to those stills and my pubs. I drank my last bottle that I got from my Whisky Trail visit, not that I remember much of it, but it is so much smoother than the stuff we get imported over here and I buy the good stuff. I love my Scotch..neat. If you ever tell me that your in East Anglia and are near a Green King pub, I might have to head to the hills and scream, lol.

Jim's got the best worlds, he's got the farm and he has rain. Me, I've just got dust and I just washed my car through the drive though last night. Jim, if your reading the post, I'll shout at you in the A.M...about my questions...maybe chat online, if your not mowing the yard.

Take care have a lovely 2 weeks off, we'll see you when you get back.

Snowflake,

Not sure about the Bergen pack, I will have to do a little research on it, if you'd like me too. I've got a friend in SAS, who will be able to tell me. He is not one on this site, so will have to email him. Might take me a few days, he is still a member, so he might even be deployed. We only talk, when he needs his Budweiser. You know those guys, so few of them now in RAF, that their rotations have been extended, also they are a bit more cheeky than most of us, lol. So he might be off drinking my Scotch.

Also, you being off doesn't bother me, but what really bothers me is that your so damn close to those stills and my pubs. I drank my last bottle that I got from my Whisky Trail visit, not that I remember much of it, but it is so much smoother than the stuff we get imported over here and I buy the good stuff. I love my Scotch..neat. If you ever tell me that your in East Anglia and are near a Green King pub, I might have to head to the hills and scream, lol.

Jim's got the best worlds, he's got the farm and he has rain. Me, I've just got dust and I just washed my car through the drive though last night. Jim, if your reading the post, I'll shout at you in the A.M...about my questions...maybe chat online, if your not mowing the yard.

Take care have a lovely 2 weeks off, we'll see you when you get back.
I used to be a whiskey drinker but I don't like to drink now as I like to be on the ball at all time's, Maybe I'll be more laxed with that when my kids older.

Go and shop find the one you like and then order it online for cheaper.

A huge thanks to to all that helped me pick a new bag. Here's my new baby(Trevor) and I love him so. Should be good for the deep shade of green in the Scottish forest's.
dpm bug out bag.jpg

Got my kids bag yday, will post pick when I'm not such a tech dimwit. I also got 2 multi tools on sale at T.K.max and form the £1 store I got plastic tubs, First aid kit's, Sewing kit's, Multi vits, large water tight bag's, Anti bac and anti bac soap's for washing clothes as well as us.

I would love your thoughts on dry meat products. I'm sure I heard that some State preppers use beef jerky. Are they any good or should I stick to hunting.

i managed to locate a packet of curved needles yesterday 1 pair of 2 inch and 1 pair of 2 1/2 inch..they'll be going into my sewing kit..but 1st.i gotta locate a bigger sewing box for the entire kit.

I would love your thoughts on dry meat products. I'm sure I heard that some State preppers use beef jerky. Are they any good or should I stick to hunting.

might try making your own jerky..there are recipes out there for making your own.in which i do have 2 apps on my nook color for jerky

Jerky was always great in my hiking days, I'm sure it would be good for a BoB. It comes in a variety of meats and flavors too, which is a plus.

yeah it does come in diff meats n all..the only one i've gone with so far,is beef.i tryed and dont like the peppered jerky.so i stick with the original..funny thing is.i not only like it..but so does my dog..matter of fact.i think she loves it more then i do..lol

i managed to locate a packet of curved needles yesterday 1 pair of 2 inch and 1 pair of 2 1/2 inch..they'll be going into my sewing kit..but 1st.i gotta locate a bigger sewing box for the entire kit.
A lot of folks practise stitches on meat.

Latest posts

Back