Hello

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loomis

Reaction score
Hi all,
I can’t say I’m extreme Prepper but I do practice disaster preparedness. I find that show on TV pretty interesting. The show gives me some ideas. Actually what I had begun to do is have enough for a natural disaster. I might survive a week or two maybe more depending. What I tried to do is build something around what I would need. I’m a disabled Veteran from Vietnam (67-68). I can’t go far because I only have a heart that is 53% functional and I have an ICD implant. Besides, without my meds it would be all over.
So I put in a small Solar Array (45W kit) hooked to a 12v deep cycle battery. I have a few DC to AC inverters just for some lights, and to run my nebulizer, and charge up rechargeable flashlight batteries, cell phone, run my laptop.
I also have a Ham Radio License and a 2 meter band handheld. I use an inverted V dipole on an old military antenna pole I got off of eBay. It keeps me in touch with what’s going on in severe weather. Many Ham groups help out in times of disaster, and anybody can listen in actually. I’m not an active Ham nor am I an electronics engineer.
My wife of 41 years is right on board with me right to the end.
I see a few areas on your website that I could contribute to.
The way I figure:
Better to be prepared for nothing, then unprepared for something.
No mans land, Atlanta

Hi all,
I can’t say I’m extreme Prepper but I do practice disaster preparedness. I find that show on TV pretty interesting. The show gives me some ideas. Actually what I had begun to do is have enough for a natural disaster. I might survive a week or two maybe more depending. What I tried to do is build something around what I would need. I’m a disabled Veteran from Vietnam (67-68). I can’t go far because I only have a heart that is 53% functional and I have an ICD implant. Besides, without my meds it would be all over.
So I put in a small Solar Array (45W kit) hooked to a 12v deep cycle battery. I have a few DC to AC inverters just for some lights, and to run my nebulizer, and charge up rechargeable flashlight batteries, cell phone, run my laptop.
I also have a Ham Radio License and a 2 meter band handheld. I use an inverted V dipole on an old military antenna pole I got off of eBay. It keeps me in touch with what’s going on in severe weather. Many Ham groups help out in times of disaster, and anybody can listen in actually. I’m not an active Ham nor am I an electronics engineer.
My wife of 41 years is right on board with me right to the end.
I see a few areas on your website that I could contribute to.
The way I figure:
No mans land, Atlanta
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!​
What kind of disaster are you prepping for? I am in earthquake country.​
I am studying for my Ham License, and another member just received his last week.
Congrats on 41 years of marriage!
Your quote is excellent!​
Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!​
Thank you for your service! Many of us in here are Vets!​

Clydesdale,
Thank you for your welcome.
What kind of disaster are you prepping for?
As of right now most of my prepping is for Tornadoes, power outages. Loss of services.
I am studying for my Ham License, and another member just received his last week.
That is excellent keep studying. It's really not that hard. Congrats to all with New Licenses.
Congrats on 41 years of marriage!
She's a honey alright. I found the right woman
Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!
You have a nice website. Seems people are will to share there knowledge with each other. That is good.
Thank you for your service! Many of us in here are Vets!
I thank you for that too.

Latest posts

Back