Hello!!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taragirl28

Reaction score
hey everyone. I am very new to all of this and am so relieved to have found this site! This is so important to begin prepping for the end times. I just feel so overwhelmed and do not know exactly where to start! I would love to get any ideas, or just a hello! Thanks, Tara

Welcome, yes it's a little overwhelming at first, just don't try to do everything all at once unless you’re a billionaire, set priorities for you and your family’s needs, for me it's 1. Water, 2. Food, 3. Shelter, and then I work on the other stuff when I can.

Hello Tara and welcome to the forum. If you have questions, feel free to ask them. Have a good rummage around on the site and join in on any of the conversations that tickle your fancy.

Thanks guys! @ wild man, That's the problem really. How much water? 3 liters per person a day is a lot! and shouldn't the shelter come first so you can have a place to store your things? The shelter is my biggest worry. I doubt that I could build a bird house, let alone a shelter that would protect us! lol I see some of these people who are READY with shelters and everything al set. makes me fret a little. I don't feel easy stocking up on things without a shelter to put them in, but I really do not know where to begin with that area. Any ideas anyone??

hey everyone. I am very new to all of this and am so relieved to have found this site! This is so important to begin prepping for the end times. I just feel so overwhelmed and do not know exactly where to start! I would love to get any ideas, or just a hello! Thanks, Tara
Welcome Tara to this forum,
I know everything seems kind of daunting but there's nothing to worry about. WAIT.... OH MY GOD, YOUR FROM MARYLAND.... GIVE UP ALL HOPE!!! Only kidding. I do think it is important to relax but be active. I think Wild Man was just making a suggestion about what actions to take. I think a lot of it deals with what you think will happen. I would recommend that you do think about what you think will happen even to the point of putting it down on paper. If shelter is something you think is really important then I would start working on that. While working on that I would also start working on other things too. For example...if shelter is the most important thing to you... work on that... but also work on getting food, water, protection (maybe weapons), first aid supplies, gold, silver, a good local support system, to start with. You can't do it all right now... do what you can, but do something. Be sure to ask questions... if we don't know the answer, we can help you find it.

It is important that you start now. The sooner you start, the sooner you will feel better about your situation.

Yes, like Bravery said if you feel that shelter is the most important thing for your family then start there, I live in the deep south even in Jan. it doesn't get that cold we could survive in a tent, we already had a tent so I decided to start with water, but you know what you need more than I do, you do what you think is best for your family but at least do something, a lot of people suffer from paralysis by analysis just be active and don’t be afraid to ask questions there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum and most everyone like me loves to put their $.02 in.

thanks everyone. I honestly slept easier last night for the first time in a long time. just knowing there is other people out there willing to answer any questions I have WITHOUT laughing! I have already started working on the weapons and this weekend will be going to get something smaller like a handgun....any ideas on the best weapons to have?? @ Wildman, I already feel better about my shelter situation. I mean if you think a tent will suffice, maybe I will be alright. My sister lives in wv, close to the mountains so I guess we will figure something out there. Her husband is very handy so maybe he can build something. I see these shelters on the web and think, wow. they are beautiful. one guy even had a theater !! I am not a picky girl. give me a gun, and a roof with four walls. :)

oh, and thanks bravery. I am taking your advice and starting slow. I just worry about stocking up on things without having a place to put them ( besides my house) How will I transport all this? lol what's your opinion on types of weapons that are a must have? this question goes to everyone, what are your top 5 must haves when the time comes?

If your bro. in-law is handy show him this link I started with a tent but I found this down loaded the plans modified them a little and now I have a pretty good shelter It's almost done in fact we started moving some of our preps in last weekend here is the link and some pics.

http://www.americanbombshelter.com/bomb-fallout-shelter-kit.htm
Bunker.jpg
Bunker6.jpg

Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

wow thanks. your so lucky. ( and motivated) how long did it take? how much did it run you about??

I've been working on it for about three years now, my sons and I did all the work ourselves. Money is pretty tight so I had scrounge a lot of the materials I would visit construction and demolition sites and go through the scraps also I was surprised to see what people throw away in the local scrap yards, re-bar, I-beams all kind of stuff is out there if you look, for example my vent pipes are old 4" fence posts that a guy gave me just to haul them away. I figure I got about $10K in it all together most of that cost is from concrete, blocks, and mortar. I know that is a lot of money but we got a 12’wide x 40’long x 8’ high shelter at a fraction of the cost if we had someone else build it or even if we bought the kit in the link I showed you.

I've been working on it for about three years now, my sons and I did all the work ourselves. Money is pretty tight so I had scrounge a lot of the materials I would visit construction and demolition sites and go through the scraps also I was surprised to see what people throw away in the local scrap yards, re-bar, I-beams all kind of stuff is out there if you look, for example my vent pipes are old 4" fence posts that a guy gave me just to haul them away. I figure I got about $10K in it all together most of that cost is from concrete, blocks, and mortar. I know that is a lot of money but we got a 12’wide x 40’long x 8’ high shelter at a fraction of the cost if we had someone else build it or even if we bought the kit in the link I showed you.
Yes, great link. and great Idea about the scrap yards. I will definitely look into that. !!!!

Latest posts

Back