Hello!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shenandoah

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Preppers!
My lil family and I live and ranch in southern Colorado and have been prepping since long before prepping was cool!! Our cash crops here on the ranch are barley, alfalfa and Clydesdale draft horses; specifically black Clydesdales! We farm probably 75% of the ranch solely with our horses. We also manage a 1+ acre organic garden...This year we hope to double its size to close to 2 acres. I "can" everything, literally, from vegetables, to elk, to jams/jellies. We are prepping for what seems the inevitable collapse of the US dollar and what will surely errupt into chaos afterwards. Glad to have found you guys here!

Blessings,
Shenandoah

Sounds amazing! Is the other 25% of the farming done mechanically then?

I would love to do something like that but currently stuck in nyc as a cityboy for now.

Hey there, welcome to the forum. We're in Missouri and we do most everything by horsepower as well.

To answer the farming question, yes, the balance of the farming is done mechanically....mostly just the harvest of barley. Coors has specifics regarding their barley contracts so...that dictates its production/harvest. Kenny Lee, there are still a ton of things you can do to prep as a nyc boy...learning to can is a huge starter. We can everything, leaving our freezer for things such as milk/cheese. We can chicken, deer, elk, etc. all our meat. First, we don't have to care when the power is off, it will last forever canned, second...no freezer burn. Third, it makes fixing an awesome supper quick and super easy when the meat is canned, as its mostly cooked already.
Last year, I conducted 4 canning classes at various churches. I do it whenever anyone asks, free. I figure every person that gains a few independent living skills, the safer we all are!

Blessings,
Shenandoah

Hello Fellow Preppers!
My lil family and I live and ranch in southern Colorado and have been prepping since long before prepping was cool!! Our cash crops here on the ranch are barley, alfalfa and Clydesdale draft horses; specifically black Clydesdales! We farm probably 75% of the ranch solely with our horses. We also manage a 1+ acre organic garden...This year we hope to double its size to close to 2 acres. I "can" everything, literally, from vegetables, to elk, to jams/jellies. We are prepping for what seems the inevitable collapse of the US dollar and what will surely errupt into chaos afterwards. Glad to have found you guys here!

Blessings,
Shenandoah
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Scariest drive I ever took at night was across Wolf Creek Pass

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Latest posts

Back