Hello

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LissyPrepper

Reaction score
Been prepping on my own for a couple of years. Looking to network to see how others are prepping and see where I am lacking.

Thanks :). Brand new here too. Been sifting through the threads for ideas. I'm lacking in my preps and looking for ideas.

From what I have gotten the groups says we need to answer some basic questions. Do you want to prep for bugging in or bugging out? What are you prepping for...economic collapse, terrorism, weather related emergencies etc. I had no idea I was pretty overwhelmed, I still am. I'm working on putting together BOBs for my husband and I becasue we live by railroad tracks and there have been accidents where neighborhoods needed to leave for a while during clean up among other things. I'm also starting to stock up on food, water etc. here at the house in case we stay. It all takes time and some money. I have to remind myself that Prepping is a marathon not a sprint, it is a way of life not something that can be done in a weekend. I hope this group helps and encourages you like they have me. Blessings, ~Lindy

Been prepping on my own for a couple of years. Looking to network to see how others are prepping and see where I am lacking.
Welcome to our forum (well Clydesdale's forum. He is the one that had the insite to start this forum). It is a great site. Any info you need, just ask. Everybody here are friendly and alot of the people here have many yrs of experience that they are willing to share with you. I personally am from south Louisiana. I've been prepping for a while. In fact alot of us here have been taught survival skills since we were young. Even with all my vast experience(LOL) I've learned alot since I've been on this site. The guys (and GALS) are becomming like an extended family to me. There are some things that I haven't done or even thought of that I learned about from the ones here. So, a hearty cajun welcome to you.

From what I have gotten the groups says we need to answer some basic questions. Do you want to prep for bugging in or bugging out? What are you prepping for...economic collapse, terrorism, weather related emergencies etc. I had no idea I was pretty overwhelmed, I still am. I'm working on putting together BOBs for my husband and I becasue we live by railroad tracks and there have been accidents where neighborhoods needed to leave for a while during clean up among other things. I'm also starting to stock up on food, water etc. here at the house in case we stay. It all takes time and some money. I have to remind myself that Prepping is a marathon not a sprint, it is a way of life not something that can be done in a weekend. I hope this group helps and encourages you like they have me. Blessings, ~Lindy

Well said !

Welcome to the forum Lissy, and please feel free to ask any of us any questions you may have no matter how small or insignificant you think they may be please ask away and we will try to answer or point you to someone who can answer it for you. This is a great forum, very family like, and we definitely help each other out as much as possible. So just take a look around, and fire away with posts and questions you may have for us. Thanks for joining as well.

Thank you for the warm welcome. Relieved this is a friendly site. :) I do have several questions, but don't want to overload all at once. My first question is: Water filtration systems; I don't want to solely rely on boiling water. What are some good/affordable alternative methods of filtering water? If this has already been answered somewhere on here, I apologize. I haven't sifted through all the information yet. There's a a lot, which is a good thing.

If you watched the news today, the White House asked the federal agencies to make the cuts as painful as possible and not to publically contradict what they say.

Pool Shock is good for treating water. Mastercajun can tell you a lot more about it. I know it's covered somewhere on the forum.

Thank you for the warm welcome. Relieved this is a friendly site. :) I do have several questions, but don't want to overload all at once. I too have come from a long line of self-sustaining individuals; mostly farmers, coal miners and military. I confess that I'm the first generation not to be self-sufficient. I recognized that about 5 years ago. I've been prepping to 2 years now, but for the past 5 years, I've been learning to be self sufficient completely. With what I see, seems our Government is hell bent on flushing our economic status down the toilet. I don't want to rely on the Government for nothing. I'm going back to my roots and I will NOT be one who will starve to death when our nation's economy colapses, nor will my family.... ok... 'nough of that... My first question is: Water filtration systems; I don't want to solely rely on boiling water. What are some good/affordable alternative methods of filtering water? If this has already been answered somewhere on here, I apologize. I haven't sifted through all the information yet. There's a a lot, which is a good thing.

Hello LissyPrepper, there is a five gallon system that is gravity feed, I will try to locate it for you.

I am purchasing the lifestraws for each bag, plus a backpack water filter system, and now we are working on one to use with rain water and gutters...as soon as it gets a little warmer!

I am purchasing the lifestraws for each bag, plus a backpack water filter system, and now we are working on one to use with rain water and gutters...as soon as it gets a little warmer!
I have the life straws they are great, a little hard to get the suction going but once started the flow is pretty good. Maybe think about containers so you can fill them and drink on the move. Just a thought.

Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Should you have any questions please ask!
The members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Thanks guys. I'll look into the life straws; Colt- if you come across that five gallon system, let me know. I'm looking for a few different options to filter water. Right now I have water purification tablets and filtered water bottles, but I need something larger to filter a lot of water. I've acquired 3 50 gallon drums to store water in. I've got a huge water source to fall back on, but I need to be able to filter it.

Welcome Lissy , looks like you have been well received ! Long time prepper willing to help as are most of the folks on this forum .

Thanks Realistic. I'm sifting through, slowly, the forum... Trying not to ask the same questions already answered. There's some great tips on here. Looking forward to swapping ideas.

Latest posts

Back