Hello

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsybitsy

Reaction score
Hi, from a UK-based prepper.

I'm very much of the 'practical prepper's school of thought. My main prepping motivations are: adverse weather; unemployment; financial and economic turbulence; the cost of living becoming prohibitive, and an overall erosion of our living standards. Also, never far from my thoughts, is the fact that the world will run out of oil, sooner rather than later.

I am not interested in conspiracy theories, zombies, wannabee Rambo's or anything of that nature. There are plenty of forums out there catering for that kind of thing and I'm really hoping that this forum steers clear, so that we can focus on practical, sensible, realistic discussions and mutual support. :D

Hi, from a UK-based prepper.

I'm very much of the 'practical prepper's school of thought. My main prepping motivations are: adverse weather; unemployment; financial and economic turbulence; the cost of living becoming prohibitive, and an overall erosion of our living standards. Also, never far from my thoughts, is the fact that the world will run out of oil, sooner rather than later.

I am not interested in conspiracy theories, zombies, wannabee Rambo's or anything of that nature. There are plenty of forums out there catering for that kind of thing and I'm really hoping that this forum steers clear, so that we can focus on practical, sensible, realistic discussions and mutual support. :D
Itsybitsy,
Welcome and Thank you for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums!

I am glad to hear you are on the practical side. I, like you, are not for the whole zombie thing. I so do agree with you on mutual support, if something, whatever it may be, does happen it will be very difficult to survive alone.

Welcome. I love conspiracy theories, but only when there is PROOF. I guess that makes 'em more than theory at that point, though. Zombies, I love, but just for the fun of it. I think it helps me keep a light heart about much more serious subjects.

Interesting, though. Your presence has made me wonder about the differences in locales and how that would affect our prepping. Surely it would be the same as far as needing the "basics", but there has to be some differences as far as what crises we might actually face, and what supplies may be limited by our location. Certain places being more restrictive on firearms, or maybe harder to get to due to weather, etc.

Welcome. I love conspiracy theories, but only when there is PROOF. I guess that makes 'em more than theory at that point, though. Zombies, I love, but just for the fun of it. I think it helps me keep a light heart about much more serious subjects.

Interesting, though. Your presence has made me wonder about the differences in locales and how that would affect our prepping. Surely it would be the same as far as needing the "basics", but there has to be some differences as far as what crises we might actually face, and what supplies may be limited by our location. Certain places being more restrictive on firearms, or maybe harder to get to due to weather, etc.

I agree with you, alabaster, a conspiracy theory is great so long as there is PROOF!

I know here in california guns are becoming more and more prohibitive. However, trying to get a gun in New York city is all but impossible.
As far has the difficulties brought about by weather, I guess in that respect I am lucky to be living in southern california.

Latest posts

Back