Hello My name is James

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James 'Fai' Onken

Reaction score
But my close friends call me Fai. I've been having some bad luck for the last couple years. Lost a few jobs and a couple places to live. My life is slowly getting back to normal and things seem to be coming to a balance. But I was practically homeless. I didn't know where my next meal was coming from and I don't have any practical skills. I'm here to learn how to be self-sufficient and survive when no one else is going to be there for me. I've taken shaolin basics, know how to handle a blade, I'm organized and a fast learner. I am the Doomsday Sponge--I wanna learn everything that I can so that I can survive any situation anytime.

Welcome! Glad to have you, there is tons of great information on this site-if you have any questions be sure to ask!

But my close friends call me Fai. I've been having some bad luck for the last couple years. Lost a few jobs and a couple places to live. My life is slowly getting back to normal and things seem to be coming to a balance. But I was practically homeless. I didn't know where my next meal was coming from and I don't have any practical skills. I'm here to learn how to be self-sufficient and survive when no one else is going to be there for me. I've taken shaolin basics, know how to handle a blade, I'm organized and a fast learner. I am the Doomsday Sponge--I wanna learn everything that I can so that I can survive any situation anytime.

Welcome aboard Fai, having some skill with edged weapons is great, but I always recommend a firearm of some sort. I usually carry a primary and a secondary firearm, as well as a primary and secondary blade. I recommend always having at least 2 of everything. That's all I'll welcome you with for now. Once again, great to have you aboard, and if you are a sponge, prepare yourself not to drown. Enjoy!!!

Welcome, and I certainly feel you there.

Last time I was out of work, was for a while. At first, we used the time to get some things done. We had savings, so wasn't a big deal, but then it took MUCH longer to find something good than I thought it would.
Like you, I want to be more in control of my own destiny (and daily sustenance) .

I guess the first question is your living situation, as that will determine how you prep.
I.e. rural or city. Rent or own. Type of residence (house, apartment, etc.)
All of these will factor in how you can prep. If we know those, we can help with specifics, otherwise, just general advice.

Welcome!
As Gazrok previously noted, the primary decision will be are you Bugging-In or Bugging-Out?
Ask questions! Lots of folks willing to share their knowledge here.

Blessings,
Shenandoah

Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome! Just reading the different threads here will fill you with a wealth of information. Your cup will runneth over if you start asking questions!

Latest posts

Back