Hello i'm ubduomk

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ubduomk

Reaction score
Hello I'm ubduomk, a firearms enthusiast who likes to be prepared for the unexpected.

I've been prepping on & off and participating on various prepper/survivalist forums since around 2004. Basically, not new to the concept at all. However my prepares are on the basic side, being both limited by space & budget. currently what i have is the maximum i can store and it's really not very much. I'm looking to learn skills and knowledge of survival, which i think are absolutely vital to get thru any extended SHTF situation. Preps can only get me so far, I need to learn skills & knowledge to survive.
I'm quite a bit lacking in that area, having grown up in the suburbs and in a family that prefers trips to the library instead of trips to the great outdoors, I'm new to basic outdoors skills. I'm doing alot of camping & outdoorsy skills learning with local prepper in the area, trying to learn as much as i can, as quickly as possible.

My favorite hobby is firearms, I know quite a bit and would like to become a gunsmith/gun shop owner/custom ammo manufacturer some day. I discovered some very interesting things with my handloading 'adventure' and it's made some major impacts on my defensive plans and other gun-related plans. It's stuff worth sharing if it can help others and I'll probably pick up a few new things about guns & ammo i didn't know before.

Hello I'm ubduomk, a firearms enthusiast who likes to be prepared for the unexpected.

I've been prepping on & off and participating on various prepper/survivalist forums since around 2004. Basically, not new to the concept at all. However my prepares are on the basic side, being both limited by space & budget. currently what i have is the maximum i can store and it's really not very much. I'm looking to learn skills and knowledge of survival, which i think are absolutely vital to get thru any extended SHTF situation. Preps can only get me so far, I need to learn skills & knowledge to survive.
I'm quite a bit lacking in that area, having grown up in the suburbs and in a family that prefers trips to the library instead of trips to the great outdoors, I'm new to basic outdoors skills. I'm doing alot of camping & outdoorsy skills learning with local prepper in the area, trying to learn as much as i can, as quickly as possible.

My favorite hobby is firearms, I know quite a bit and would like to become a gunsmith/gun shop owner/custom ammo manufacturer some day. I discovered some very interesting things with my handloading 'adventure' and it's made some major impacts on my defensive plans and other gun-related plans. It's stuff worth sharing if it can help others and I'll probably pick up a few new things about guns & ammo i didn't know before.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Glad to see another member from So Cal on here.
If you have a specific question feel free to start a thread and ask! The members on this site are extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome. I agree it's good to know survivalist skills instead of just stockpiling things. If one has to bug out you never know how long you'll be gone. Supplies run dry but knowledge is for life.

I am an FFL/Gunsmith with many of the same interests. I "Roll my own", too since I was in my late teens. It helps for myriad reasons, but I think the biggest right now is not having to deal with the ammo shortage. That's a headache or a bank buster, either way I don't wanna be part of it.

See you around.

Hey there from Missouri. Looks like there's enough Cali people here to start a small country of their own.

Welcome from one fairly new member to another! I just started prepping....seriously, just started and it's going slow but figure I have to start somewhere....also limited by space and budget...and a dh and family who live in their own worlds and think nothing will ever happen. My son is helping me but I dont think he really believes his world will end as he knows it...We've all been to comfortable and taken things for granted for way to long in the usa....

Latest posts

Back