Hello from TX

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Israel

Reaction score
Howdy. Name is Israel and I am from El Paso, TX and decided to join so I could get more information so I can better prepare myself and my family for ANY type of event that may occur. I hope that I can find the information that I am seeking.

Good to be here

howdy from a fellow texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replys you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....

Howdy. Name is Israel and I am from El Paso, TX and decided to join so I could get more information so I can better prepare myself and my family for ANY type of event that may occur. I hope that I can find the information that I am seeking.

Good to be here
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to share your knowledge with the site and feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Hey fellow Texan! I am on the other side of the state. There are some great people here with tons of different discussions. If you have a question, just ask.

Welcome to the Forum!! Theres a goldmine of knowledge here, and that mouse there is your pickaxe!!! I hope you find the forum helpful and friendly!

Good to be here

Welcome Israel!
I guess the first question is will ya'll be Bugging-In or Out?? That will determine how/what to prep for.
Let us know how we can help as you begin prepping.

Blessings,
Shenandoah

Welcome Israel!
I guess the first question is will ya'll be Bugging-In or Out?? That will determine how/what to prep for.
Let us know how we can help as you begin prepping.

Blessings,
Shenandoah

As of now I will bugging-in (unless it is really necessary to bug out)

Planning on making bug-out bags with the most necessary things and still trying to decide what items would be best. Any ideas?

Thanks all

As of now I will bugging-in (unless it is really necessary to bug out)

Planning on making bug-out bags with the most necessary things and still trying to decide what items would be best. Any ideas?

Thanks all

Israel-
For me, I have a get-home-bag as I travel 4 days a week away from our ranch, so my objective is to get back home. First, I think a water bottle with filter is imperative. I have been using the Berkey for years, its awesome and sells for about $19 with an extra filter. I don't want to have to spend an hour boiling and then letting the water cool before I can drink it!! That one hour may be critical in a survival situation. I also have a 3 lighters, poncho, emergency blanket and 4 hand warmers (each are good for 18 hours), tube tent (basically a 6x6 tarp), nylon cord, razor sharp knife, Leatherman multi-tool, compass, solar flashlight, emergency radio w/ batteries (approx 3"x 4" in size), insect repellent, tylenol, immodium, cortizone, chapstick, moleskin for blisters, bandaids, co-ban, TP, 16oz metal cup, bandana, extra socks, thermal underwear/top&bottom, ski pants, gloves, hat, wood cutter--made from a chainsaw chain rolls up into a 3" circle, 2 heavy contractor trash bags, 3 light sticks, a small note pad and a pencil. Food consists of MRE type meals because of their shelf-life. Yes they are pricey but if I have to replace the food in my Bag every 6 months to a year then by the time I need my Bag I haven't saved any money. I also have concentrated calorie bars, butterscotch candies, boulion, Folgers instant coffee singles (I do have my limits to roughing it!!) If I am smart, have enough food to sustain me for 2 weeks. I also have a TOPO map, a roll of quarters and some silver for barter. My entire pack weighs about 26#. Also in my truck I keep a sleeping bag, hiking boots, firearm, a horse halter, lead, and a bridle. Depending on the scenerio, I will decide which of those items to take with me. Also, I always have a bicycle in the back of my truck for my inital transportation.

I think thats the bulk of of whats in my bag! Hope that helps ya some....

Blessings,
Shenandoah

Latest posts

Back