Hello from the UK!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Sonny

Reaction score
Afternoon all!

I've been lurking for a little while now and decided it was about time to sign up!

I'm an Emergency Planner and Disaster Manager in the UK looking at cyber warfare, natural disasters and counter terrorism. My main role is the simulation and exercise of our emergency services and how to effectively respond to major incidents and to deal with them accordingly.

I'm here because I feel as if something, someday; will happen and completely expend our public resource on trying to either contain a heavy CBRN attack or for the collapse of the Government and our Economy. I want to learn different techniques of survival but also share some of my experience and knowledge on planning and risk mitigation and crisis management.

Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully I'll get to know you all a lot better very soon!

-Sonny

oh gawd, another govt planner, like that's all we need.

I thought it'd be useful having someone from this type of background to share information on different risk mitigation techniques? I'm here for personal reasons but thought I would give a bit of insight in to some of the work I have done...I can take my leave now if you like? No offense was meant at all!

Afternoon all!

I've been lurking for a little while now and decided it was about time to sign up!

I'm an Emergency Planner and Disaster Manager in the UK looking at cyber warfare, natural disasters and counter terrorism. My main role is the simulation and exercise of our emergency services and how to effectively respond to major incidents and to deal with them accordingly.

I'm here because I feel as if something, someday; will happen and completely expend our public resource on trying to either contain a heavy CBRN attack or for the collapse of the Government and our Economy. I want to learn different techniques of survival but also share some of my experience and knowledge on planning and risk mitigation and crisis management.

Thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully I'll get to know you all a lot better very soon!

-Sonny

For a start, allow your Citizens to arm themselves would be a good start!

And Welcome Mr Sonny to the DDPF

For a start, allow your Citizens to arm themselves would be a good start!

And Welcome Mr Sonny to the DDPF
I completely agree, although it's not something I can directly control and already know that it would never actually happen. The best I can do is to arm myself with what is available and legal...so a knife it is haha

Thanks for the welcome

there are other things available but you already knew that didn't you? I think the knife remark was an attempt at humour.:shtf
No worries, no idea what your deal is with me but we'll just steer clear of one another :)

oh don't mind me, i'm just naturally suspicious of anyone with links to the establishment!:D:D
I didn't actually mean to come in here and give an attitude of "look at me, I work for the Government" because in actual fact I don't. It is true that many of us do work for the "Establishment" but you do realise that this type of work not only looks at the planning phases of major incidents, crisis management and risk resilience etc, but also has ties to humanitarian aid (Govt and NGO based) so your initial judgement on me was a little off. I merely came here to look at prepping on a personal level and to maybe share some of the things I have learned over the past few years through work; and perhaps give a different viewpoint with certain topics. Either way Paul, it was nice to meet you.

look at the stats at the L/H side of his post. "favourite weapon" SA80 thats a British assault rifle, so he obviously knows more than he's letting on. he is also only 22 so I suppose "delusions of grandeur" would apply.

Last edited:
I never said you work for the government I said you had "links".anyway never mind, I never did like "lurkers".
So what you would rather do is shun people based on their line of work rather than using different skill sets and knowledge to contribute towards your own survival and preparedness? Being prepared doesn't only mean having physical items packed in to a bag and a contingency plan. I thought the very essence of this forum was to contribute and share knowledge so that others may learn and grow? I'm not saying that anything I contribute here will be of relevance; but I'm here to learn from others; to better my knowledge and understanding towards survival. I do have things I could share but it'll only be on topics I'm interested in. As I said before, if you don't like me it's fine, but perhaps we should just stay clear of each other. Thanks for the chat, I'll be lurking for a while so I can get to read a few things and see how others are preparing :)

howdy from a texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....

So what you would rather do is shun people based on their line of work rather than using different skill sets and knowledge to contribute towards your own survival and preparedness? Being prepared doesn't only mean having physical items packed in to a bag and a contingency plan. I thought the very essence of this forum was to contribute and share knowledge so that others may learn and grow? I'm not saying that anything I contribute here will be of relevance; but I'm here to learn from others; to better my knowledge and understanding towards survival. I do have things I could share but it'll only be on topics I'm interested in. As I said before, if you don't like me it's fine, but perhaps we should just stay clear of each other. Thanks for the chat, I'll be lurking for a while so I can get to read a few things and see how others are preparing :)
sorry,like I said i'm naturally suspicious, your actions and posts on this forum will determine whether I am right to be cautious or not. I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Afternoon all!

-Sonny
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Last edited:
Exactly that.
Welcome Mr Sonny. Many people are understandably very skeptical of anyone who works for the government. I also worked with emergency planning and disaster management with organizations like FEMA, WHO, NATO and others around the world. I even work with the Britt's for a few years! Good luck!

Latest posts

Back