Hello from Texas

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave58

Reaction score
I am new to prepping other than watching a few things on TV lol, reading a bit on the net, shooting pistols at the range, and learning about self defense.
I want to learn more about how to put together a bug out bag mostly to leave in my vehicle - what bag to buy, contents (I've been gathering things like a canteen, compass, extra clothes, OTC medical supplies, etc.)
I also want info on a good pair of hiking boots.

I look for everyone's input here.

Dave

I am new to prepping other than watching a few things on TV lol, reading a bit on the net, shooting pistols at the range, and learning about self defense.
I want to learn more about how to put together a bug out bag mostly to leave in my vehicle - what bag to buy, contents (I've been gathering things like a canteen, compass, extra clothes, OTC medical supplies, etc.)
I also want info on a good pair of hiking boots.

I look for everyone's input here.

Dave
I had posted "help a newbie pick a B.O.B" and got some good info, Check the reply from Westcoast guy it has a good web link.

Hi and welcome!
for boots I prefere combat-boots,it you get a pair just remember to "walk them in".

howdy from a texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed...

Welcome from another Texan. Let me know what your in need of help, and will try to do by best.

Regards,
SilentBob

Thank you all for the welcome! I am learning the ropes to be prepared for any of the following: 1) natural disasters 2) problem(s) develop while commuting within my normal area or out of the norm area 3) economic / military disasters

Hi and welcome!
for boots I prefere combat-boots,it you get a pair just remember to "walk them in".

Do you have a brand preference jontte? I hear Danner boots are very good as well as Bates brand.

I had posted "help a newbie pick a B.O.B" and got some good info, Check the reply from Westcoast guy it has a good web link.

Thanks! Think I may have read that earlier but left me look again. I want BOB that I can leave in my vehicle and does not stand out if that makes sense. It's incognito. But that has some necessary items - medical, clothing, food, water, fire starter, etc. I have begun gathering some items from here and there. A few purchases were made at REI the other day.

Welcome Dave, cant help but notice all the Texans on this site! LOL
Are all preparing for similar catastrophe?
Hope you have safe home base, Texas has crazy weather with tornados and all.

One of my favorite states in the country! Especially love Gun Barrell City, Malakof and Tyler area

Thanks! Think I may have read that earlier but left me look again. I want BOB that I can leave in my vehicle and does not stand out if that makes sense. It's incognito. But that has some necessary items - medical, clothing, food, water, fire starter, etc. I have begun gathering some items from here and there. A few purchases were made at REI the other day.
I got some good stuff yday at the £1 shop, It's for my hand bag/city preps. Also got a few multi tools on sale at T.K.max. Happy day's:)

Dave58,
I prefer boots called Haix P3,well known brand here in finland,light,durable and sturdy boot and one of the best parts is,you can hand-wash them,so yr feet don't smell like old goat or really wet dog,takes abt a day to dry.

you texans seem to take this preppin' quite seriously,is it 'cause you tend to be very indipendant?

Welcome Dave, cant help but notice all the Texans on this site! LOL
Are all preparing for similar catastrophe?
Hope you have safe home base, Texas has crazy weather with tornados and all.

One of my favorite states in the country! Especially love Gun Barrell City, Malakof and Tyler area

I have been to Gun Barrel City - the perfect name for a Texas town

I got some good stuff yday at the £1 shop, It's for my hand bag/city preps. Also got a few multi tools on sale at T.K.max. Happy day's:)

I need to visit Scotland for prepper deals then. But mostly for some excellent single malts! I love Scotch Snowflake.

jep,have not had a single drink in 6 yrs,but sometimes know it would be nice to sit on the balcony,enjoy the sun and have a scotch

jep,have not had a single drink in 6 yrs,but sometimes know it would be nice to sit on the balcony,enjoy the sun and have a scotch
I used to be a whiskey drinker but I don't drink now...Need to be on the ball at all times, like jontte says it would be nice now and then.

:pThe reason Texans prep is because of the mass expanse of distance required to get from one place to another. I was in Germany a few years back. Landed in Frankfurt then drove a rental car to Munich ( 243 miles), then drove to Oberammergau ( 53 Miles), then drove on to Trier ( Home of the Porta Nigra) ( 300 Miles), then drove on to Boppard on the Rhine ( 65 miles), then drove back to Frankfurt ( 60 miles). For a total of 721 miles.
All that travel was about the same as driving from Corpus Christie TX to EL Paso TX ( 696 miles).
The Germany driving trip was a large circle of the souther region started from a central location.
Corpus Christie to El Paso is pretty much a straight shot.
Hope that helps put it in perspective.

PS: This is for all you "Small Staters".
Just kidding. Chill. Seriously, chill, it was a joke.:p

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back