Hello from Texas

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well hi there fellas. My wife and I got into prepping about a year ago but only just recently started actually assembling stuff. We have been doing our best in the mean-time to get educated and trained. (Firearms training for us both, and parkour for myself, which ended up being one of the best things that ever happened to me anyway.) We enjoy working on our bug-out kits and our shooting, and my wife is going to take some first aid classes. She already knows CPR, Heimlich etcetera from her daycare job.

Questions, concerns? Comments from the peanut gallery?

Well hi there fellas. My wife and I got into prepping about a year ago but only just recently started actually assembling stuff. We have been doing our best in the mean-time to get educated and trained. (Firearms training for us both, and parkour for myself, which ended up being one of the best things that ever happened to me anyway.) We enjoy working on our bug-out kits and our shooting, and my wife is going to take some first aid classes. She already knows CPR, Heimlich etcetera from her daycare job.

Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

howdy from a fellow capricorn texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed...

Welcome ShadowKnows! There is a lot of great information here in the forums and if you don't find what you are looking for just ask.

Thanks guys, really appreciate the warm welcome. I've been looking around and I love the variety of topics covered here! Hope I can contribute.

The shadow know,

In which part of Texas are you established in. I am in south.

between is a nice area. . . been to Austin and San Antonio both and the drive in between was very nice. I saw a few places I wanted to stop by.

Welcome! Bugging in or out? That's always the first question to ask, as radically different strategies needed.

Agreed. My wife and I are working on both; our bug-in would at this point only last us a few weeks but because of where we live (small house a street off of downtown in Small Town, Texas) if there is any sort of civil unrest, we will be bugging out. Trying to plan equal parts supply and survivalist and equal parts bug-in and bug-out is an interesting process but we don't see the point in prepping if we don't prepare for everything.

We don't worry about fallout type equipment because we don't think anyone can adequately prepare for a nuclear attack but that's just our humble opinion.

We don't worry about fallout type equipment because we don't think anyone can adequately prepare for a nuclear attack but that's just our humble opinion.

This is a common misconception...and one I used to share. However, it isn't near as doom and gloom as you think. Better to show you than anything else. Check here: http://www.nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

Thing is, most modern missiles are WAY less powerful in megatons than they were in the Cold War. Various agreements and factors contribute to this, but suffice to say, that this means a LOT less widespread destruction. Add in anti-missile measures (which we have, but aren't full-proof), and you're looking at a situation nowhere NEAR global destruction. Most modern warheads are less than 3 megatons. Put this into the Nukemap site, and see where would be safe. Surprising, huh?

It's funny, but in the 50's thru the 70's, we were MUCH more knowledgeable about it. While shelters seem to be passe these days, still a great chance of surviving even main fallout from a nearby detonation. Granted, not much to do if in the blast radius, but I think you'll see how relatively small this area is. Still though, some did survive Hiroshima, for example, so it's all about where you are, what you do, etc.

My phone doesn't like the map but I'll look at it on my tablet later when I can. That's a cool resource. We're planning on getting some land and moving out into the country a little ways but that's probably at least two years away.

Greetings fellow Texan. Im based deep south TX, but work just south of S.A.
Keep poking around and collect all the info you need.
Just add some if you can.
We are all in this together.
Prep well, be well.

Welcome to the forum. We have a lot of guys here that have been prepping for a while and can answer most of your questions. Then we have wiredog(unexplainable). HaHa, got you dog. We might be going to Port Lavaca in about a month. How far are you from there Dog? Back to the point, just wanted to welcome you to the family. We are like a big family here. We are all willing to help, if we can. We all know that it is a matter of when and not a matter of if TSHTF. The way things have been falling into place lately, IT is about to hit.

Welcome to the forum. We have a lot of guys here that have been prepping for a while and can answer most of your questions. Then we have wiredog(unexplainable). HaHa, got you dog. We might be going to Port Lavaca in about a month. How far are you from there Dog? Back to the point, just wanted to welcome you to the family. We are like a big family here. We are all willing to help, if we can. We all know that it is a matter of when and not a matter of if TSHTF. The way things have been falling into place lately, IT is about to hit.
I'm 2 hours away, and willing to play!!!
You got my number.

How the hell you been Dog? It's sure good to be home. I got in this morning from almost two months on the road. I heard a big noise at the door about an hour after I got home. I went and opened the door and it was my ### dragging in.

How the hell you been Dog? It's sure good to be home. I got in this morning from almost two months on the road. I heard a big noise at the door about an hour after I got home. I went and opened the door and it was my ### dragging in.
HAHAH! Talk about ### dragging tired! All is good here. Just working like a, wait for it, wait for it, A DOG! bwahahahah!

Latest posts

Back