Hello from South Africa

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShadowJoe

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm Joe and I've been an occasional lurker and decided to register today. I'm in Randburg, South Africa and also in Centurion. I don't have a firearm licence but I'm keen on prepping as best I can. Things are looking very bleak here lately in SA.

You got that right. SA is a mess. Glad i am in Namibia. Will have a few days to get out of major towns/cities before the SHTF.

howdy from a texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....

Welcome . One thing that makes this a great site is we have people from all over the World presenting prepping ideas .
I know South Africa and its neighbors have trouble with communist militias but is there any problem with islamist groups like in North and West Africa ?

Welcome . One thing that makes this a great site is we have people from all over the World presenting prepping ideas .
I know South Africa and its neighbors have trouble with communist militias but is there any problem with islamist groups like in North and West Africa ?

Luckily not! However I think that there could be. Recently there has been alot of anti-Israeli protests against one of the retailers here and we understand that they may feel that they are being sidelined by this. Also we are having issues where there is alot of Xenophobia and many of the foreigners here that are being targeted are Islamist. There may be some kind of back-lash I guess.

welcome and hope you enjoy it here,seems like trouble is spreading its claws every where.

Hi all. I'm Joe and I've been an occasional lurker and decided to register today. I'm in Randburg, South Africa and also in Centurion. I don't have a firearm licence but I'm keen on prepping as best I can. Things are looking very bleak here lately in SA.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Hi there whats` up youre side yes things are bleak in sunny south africa at the moment strikes, loadshedding and what not how is the prepping going

Hi guys.
Well i am preped as much and best i can. I now own 5 guns. 7000 rounds. And food and water for 2 years. I am not planing to stay home once the SHTF. I have a nice bugout location with a bushcamp and solar power borehole. I now just patiently wait for the bullets to fly

Hi there suid wes the solar idea is a good one and bugging out is still better but i am a budget or broke prepper. i have some food,water,plenty of tin food so far. thinking of tinin my house window`s on both sides to make them shatter proof with a hard bord of some sort to resist the flying bullets what do u think !?

My suggestion is find somone that ownes a farm. I know people that can help you. I am also a poor guy but have been prepping for 6 years now. I can give you advise if you like. There is a group in SA that will be ABSULUTELY to your advantage. In SA i think its the worst idea ever to bug in. I can show you countless reasons why. If you want to know.

Hi there suid wes the solar idea is a good one and bugging out is still better but i am a budget or broke prepper. i have some food,water,plenty of tin food so far. thinking of tinin my house window`s on both sides to make them shatter proof with a hard bord of some sort to resist the flying bullets what do u think !?
As jy wil kan jy my mail. [email protected] ek kan vir jou n hele nuwe pad wys vir jou en jou familie

I think to bug in is the worts idea ever. Here is why
-The water will be off.
-The electricity will be off.
-The police will not help.
-They are not your local gang war boys coming to your house.
-No they will be hundreds of thousands of black men coming to white nabourhoods with pangas and guns.
-If they cant get in they will simply set your house on fire.
-I guarentee you will not survive 3 days.
-Please man reconsider your bugging in plan.

Odd innit that in the UK because of population density and lack of space, bugging IN has become the norm for many families, whilst in SA bugging OUT is the default setting and in the US its a mix of both !!!!

( The aussies will just have a BBQ regardless)

Bugging in is a really bad idea. My group has four armoured cars and my own bulletproof, 4x4 modified mini cooper coupe.

Can you live for very long extended periods WITH your family in 4 armoured cars and a Mini Cooper?, you have to have one or more secure destinations to have a good chance of long term survive and thrive.

Survivalist rule number 1 NEVER BECOME A HOMELESS REFUGEE

Latest posts

Back