Hello from Saint louis!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesVietor

Reaction score
hi my names James, im from Florissant, missouri, avid hunter fisherman, 25 years old, survivalist, light prepper.

I work full time, for a construction company, doing windows doors, soffit fascia, gutters,

a few years ago i got into hunting, and that lead in to just something to kill time researching things like survival techniques and equipment,

im looking for a few ways that i can be at least a little bit more prepared for what ever it maybe that happens, weither it be supplies or skills,

My first question that pops in to my head and on of the main reasons i came here was im getting ready to put together a bug out pack/ hunting pack. i know for sure i want the Molle system on the pack, but im more looking for contents brands affordibility, and just some general info about them.

I want to use the pack for both a bug out bag and use the molle system to attach different pouches that can be interchanged for hunting/bugout.

im pretty much open to ideas and opinions i havent even started to look around the sitie but ill prolly be up all night doing that, so im sure ill get some insight there, but a good point in the right direction is always good!

thank in advance
James

hi my names James, im from Florissant, missouri, avid hunter fisherman, 25 years old, survivalist, light prepper.

I work full time, for a construction company, doing windows doors, soffit fascia, gutters,

a few years ago i got into hunting, and that lead in to just something to kill time researching things like survival techniques and equipment,

im looking for a few ways that i can be at least a little bit more prepared for what ever it maybe that happens, weither it be supplies or skills,

My first question that pops in to my head and on of the main reasons i came here was im getting ready to put together a bug out pack/ hunting pack. i know for sure i want the Molle system on the pack, but im more looking for contents brands affordibility, and just some general info about them.

I want to use the pack for both a bug out bag and use the molle system to attach different pouches that can be interchanged for hunting/bugout.

im pretty much open to ideas and opinions i havent even started to look around the sitie but ill prolly be up all night doing that, so im sure ill get some insight there, but a good point in the right direction is always good!

thank in advance
James
Welcome to the group.
You're gonna find some good info and good people here.
If you dont find what you're looking for just ask.
Somebody here knows where to find it.
We have a few people here from MO.
Old_ANORAK is a very knowledgeable person when it comes to living off the land and food preps.
She's cantankarous and honest, bluntly honest, and has a great sense of humor. Good people.

Hey there James. Welcome to the group, always nice to see more people from MO.

Wiredog, thank you.

thanks all!

i started thinking of preping when i was a kid and 911 happened, it got me mind running because well saint louis is a big important city, we have lots of hi priority targets with in 10mile radius of where i live and have lived all my life, We have boeing, which is pretty much all over and i can walk and see where they make the f18's, but also General electric, which makes a big chunk of the electrionics aboard the jets, but aswell as there is a missle silo here as well as a few around the area.

Im an avid hunter and i often combine the two together mixing my camping and hunting with my survival skills to kinda practice living in my bug out location

James if I were you, I'd put some serious distance between yourself and St. Louis and surrounding bedroom communities. How far out is your bug out location? Is it on 70? Think about how long it would take some of those freeloaders to get to you and I know that down in there, you can't swing a cat and not hit a freeloader.

well my bug out location is only 10 minutes from house i can walk there in 4 hours, its a peice of property off the missouri river around pelican island, it has a pond, plentiful hunting, full workshop, welders, plasma cutters, almost everything u could need tool wise, but also has a 500gallon diesel generator, is also down in a valley, atm its one of the best spots i have, and we are always doing something out thing and know the land like no others

Sounds like a plan. We're in the boonies and the cops can't even find us most of the time, lol. Me personally, I won't have a genny, I don't like the noise and I damn skippy don't want anyone else using the noise to hone in on where we are. That's just me though. Where we are, I'm not worried about people coming in from KC or St. Louis, too far to walk for most people, way too far to walk.

thank in advance
James
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

This thread maybe of help to you. http://www.doomsdayprepperforums.com/index.php?threads/creating-a-bug-out-bag.155/
Please feel free to ask as many questions as you want! There are very helpful and knowledgeable members on here!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Hey James greeting from st. Charles. Glad to see some others from my area on here!

Latest posts

Back