Hello from Raleigh, North Carolina!!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyMack

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!!!! My name is Crystal, I am a stay at home mother of 3. I have two boys ages 1, 4 and my daughter just turned 9. I'm very excited to start prepping and learn as much as possible. I'm the only one in my (whole) family who wants to do this. My husband is part of the group that thinks the government will provide and my mom thinks God will. This really scares me because I don't know what to do or where to start and if I did, what would my marriage look like! :( I've looked over this bored and I feel I could gain a lot of knowledge here, but I hope to offer some as well!! Thanks in advance for reading and I really look forward to getting to know everyone!!!

howdy .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replys you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....

might point out the diffrent disasters thats taken place when it comes to where yall live.like hurracains,blizzards(if any) no electric for how ever long it was out.floods (if any)..how long were yall without fod and/or water..and point out what/how fema and the governent reacted that mght get them to thinking about prepping.

howdy .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replys you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....

might point out the diffrent disasters thats taken place when it comes to where yall live.like hurracains,blizzards(if any) no electric for how ever long it was out.floods (if any)..how long were yall without fod and/or water..and point out what/how fema and the governent reacted that mght get them to thinking about prepping.

Thanks!! I was just reading some things about this, in another area of the forum....... I'm gonna keep trying, but I'm afraid my words will continue to fall on deaf ears.... Thanks again!!

Hi Everyone!!!! My name is Crystal, I am a stay at home mother of 3. I have two boys ages 1, 4 and my daughter just turned 9. I'm very excited to start prepping and learn as much as possible. I'm the only one in my (whole) family who wants to do this. My husband is part of the group that thinks the government will provide and my mom thinks God will. This really scares me because I don't know what to do or where to start and if I did, what would my marriage look like! :( I've looked over this bored and I feel I could gain a lot of knowledge here, but I hope to offer some as well!! Thanks in advance for reading and I really look forward to getting to know everyone!!!
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to share your knowledge with the site and feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Hey Chrystal welcome to the forum! Undercover prepping! Have you thought about couponing?

Thank you Clyde!! I've found so much information here already and I must say I really like the demeanor of the people on the boards!! I like that there isn't an overwhelming amount of "X" rated things, ppl, language, pics..... you know some boards are full of things like this and I really appreciate that this one isn't..

Sbrosky1 Thank you for your welcome as well! I have tried couponing before, probably about 2 yrs ago and completely fell on my face ....lol!! I would def try again, maybe if you have any ideas or places for me to check out!! I recently watched a short video on the subject, and she spoke about the different ways people coupon... When I start I did the whole notebook/baseball card holder (messy). She was saying in the video, she did much better buying hers! So far that's about all the research i've done.... Thanks for asking!!

Hi Crystal,
We are glad you are here. I understand your situation, my Mr. isn't to keen on the idea for a couple reasons, (long story won't go into...your welcome ;).) He does understand about natural disasters and how FEMA suggests people have supplies on hand. We have had power go out for several days at a time. Now he doesn't really participate in doing stuff but he doesn't stop me from doing things. I check his emergency supplies that I put in a backpack for his car very time the season changes from a summer kit to a fall/winter kit. As far as food in the house goes, I tell him the truth, I buy things that are on sale. Saving money is always a positive. It is not that I'm not telling him things that I'm doing it just is more a passing thing for him. For me it is a driving force. Hang in there...I'm new at putting all this into practice but I've thought about it for years and years. The people on this forum are amazing, they are respectful and very helpful. There is some joking that goes on but we need to laugh too. Honestly I don't understand everything they say but I ask. You will find that there are ALOT of shortcuts people use for words here, like IMO means In My Opinion. When I don't know something they NEVER make fun of me they just teach me! I think you will like it here.
Lindy

Hello there Crystal! You can try dollar store stuff, and when I buy stuff for preps Ill buy an extra one or two, that is okay on the budget and hopefully wont get much attention from those who might think youre nuts lol That hard part can be where to store it. Some ppl dont like to see stuff laying around so organization is key ;) i hope that helps. If ya need anything just ask, we'll help as best we can. :)

Crystal, don't give up on couponing. There are a couple of threads where strategy has been discussed. I buy mass amounts of shelf stable food and essentials for way less than what other people do. There is no need to pay retail. I get my coupons any way I can, but I don't buy the newspaper. Order them from wizclips, couponcutters, coupon clippers, eBay, are places to order them. Tear pads in your local grocery stores. Shop sales! Do you have an android tablet, smartphone, or ipad? There are apps to help you like Favado, which compiles the sales and coupon matchups in one place. Ibotta and savingstar also are big! And free! Couponing allows you to stockpile on a budget. For instance, Staples has Bounty basic 12 pack paper towels for $6.99. There is a digital coupon that is $5 off a $15 purchase. Also, signing up for there rewards card got me an additional free shipping. Plus, I linked through Ebates for cash back on my purchase. Anyway, the paper towels came out to .47¢ a roll. Do you Facebook? There are couponing sites on Facebook for cvs, Walmart, bilo, Walgreens, dollar general, and more! Find coupon sites for your area and network for deals.

Well, Crystal, in your situation I'd recommend be casual about your preparations. Keep a pantry with a plentiful supply of non-perishable foods and water for 5 people. Maybe you have some extra space in a basement for shelves for said items. Budgeting is key for any situation - that goes beyond prepping for the end times too. Just scrape together a few extra bucks every months for your prepping needs but look for things that would be helpful in situations other than the end of the world as we know it. Extra food and water could be helpful in the event of a freak snow storm around these parts. Growing up in Michigan, I never really thought too much about it; but it seems like driving conditions get more dangerous around these parts at the mere mention of snow. A gas powered generator could be helpful if the power-grid gets knocked out permanently, but it's just as effective in a power-outage lasting only a day or two. Firearms might be tools of survival in the post-apocalyptic world, but here in the pre-apocalyptic world, they can be used more for leisure purposes. It's good to be prepared, but at the same time, if you spend all of your income preparing for the end of the world and then the world doesn't end, then you may be up a creek without a paddle. Just have fun with it, take care of the basic needs first before worrying about the more complicated stuff.

Latest posts

Back