Hello from Portugal

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricardopires

Reaction score
Hello there guys how are you? Im a 16 year old boy who lives in Portugal and is worried about the future,ive entered the forum so.i can see how much money i will spend and how i will spend it. I have aquired some knowledge and i now know more about this,sorry for my english,english isnt my native language :)

howdy from a texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed.

Hi and welcome to DPF from Finland,it's good that we have young people here also,just ask as much as you like, someone can answer..

Welcome, and your English seems fine to me.

At 16, my best advice is to first put together what we call a BOB (Bug Out Bag) or GHB (Get Home Bag) and have it with you at all times (or at least close at hand, like in a vehicle, etc.). There are LOTS of threads here on what to put in one, but basically:

WATER - ways to store it, purify it, boil it, etc.
FOOD - food you can eat without cooking, and/or that will last a long time, provide good calories, etc.
FIRE - matches, lighter, sparkers, etc.
DEFENSE - firearm, knife, etc.
FIRST AID - small first aid kit, some kind of anti-bacterial, any needed meds
SHELTER - tarp, poncho, ways to make heat (if in a cold season), cord to help fasten a shelter

Anything else is just for fun.

howdy from a texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed.
Hi and welcome to DPF from Finland,it's good that we have young people here also,just ask as much as you like, someone can answer..
Thanks for the warm welcome guys ill be asking a lot but o quite have it figured it out because i was browsing in this forum a week before today so i know something but thank you for the welcome :)

Welcome, and your English seems fine to me.

At 16, my best advice is to first put together what we call a BOB (Bug Out Bag) or GHB (Get Home Bag) and have it with you at all times (or at least close at hand, like in a vehicle, etc.). There are LOTS of threads here on what to put in one, but basically:

WATER - ways to store it, purify it, boil it, etc.
FOOD - food you can eat without cooking, and/or that will last a long time, provide good calories, etc.
FIRE - matches, lighter, sparkers, etc.
DEFENSE - firearm, knife, etc.
FIRST AID - small first aid kit, some kind of anti-bacterial, any needed meds
SHELTER - tarp, poncho, ways to make heat (if in a cold season), cord to help fasten a shelter

Anything else is just for fun.
Thank you for the help, sincerely i am starting to prepare fisically by going to the gym to improve my strength and hand to hand fighting abilytty and training my mind by reading book, thats all i can do by now because my parents will put out the things i buy to my.bob because they think im nuts and since i rather save then spend like a stupid im saving to when ove got 18 to then start prepping, and sincerelly i wont worry allot about cold because i am on the hot end of a meditirranic countrie so i wouldnt worry allot abou that but i will have the basics covered, thanks :)

Hello from south England, I'm a 44yr old lady with one son who is now in the army. I have started to prep because of the floods back in January and although I'm prepping for short term emergencies I now believe I should prep for long term issues, pandemics and war which at the moment are in the news. Look forward to reading ideas and hopefully make a few new friends.

Hello there guys how are you? Im a 16 year old boy who lives in Portugal and is worried about the future,ive entered the forum so.i can see how much money i will spend and how i will spend it. I have aquired some knowledge and i now know more about this,sorry for my english,english isnt my native language :)

Welcome aboard....your doing fine with the English. Don't hesitate to ask, sure one of us will help you. Granted, since you live in Portugal, your going to have to buy stuff through your stores or online. Of course, you we may refer to one item or another and you might have no luck in finding it, go for the next suitable substitute, its better than going without in a situation.

Welcome aboard....your doing fine with the English. Don't hesitate to ask, sure one of us will help you. Granted, since you live in Portugal, your going to have to buy stuff through your stores or online. Of course, you we may refer to one item or another and you might have no luck in finding it, go for the next suitable substitute, its better than going without in a situation.
Yes, the bag i wull just buy a regular camping 70+ litre bag and the rest i think ill just buy it from Amazon and maybe some regular and small stuff from some camping and sports shop around me

Yes, the bag i wull just buy a regular camping 70+ litre bag and the rest i think ill just buy it from Amazon and maybe some regular and small stuff from some camping and sports shop around me

I'd try and stay away from anything that is made in China, especially the EBay stuff that looks like a good deal, but is not worth the effort. The Germans and British make some really great packs, if not then, don't take this as I am touting off American goods, because some are actually stitched and made in China...just have to know what is made in U.S. Never been to Portugal, other that a stop over in the Azores, but I've been to Spain and know they have those little shops that look like our Dollar Generals...might find some good deals there and save some money to boot.

I'd try and stay away from anything that is made in China, especially the EBay stuff that looks like a good deal, but is not worth the effort. The Germans and British make some really great packs, if not then, don't take this as I am touting off American goods, because some are actually stitched and made in China...just have to know what is made in U.S. Never been to Portugal, other that a stop over in the Azores, but I've been to Spain and know they have those little shops that look like our Dollar Generals...might find some good deals there and save some money to boot.
Im gonna buy the backpack from a store that i know it makes alot of quality things,its decathlon you can see their products in english in www.decathlon.co.uk see their backpacks, they have aome good stuff, atleast the rugby section, the dollar generalls dont have anything that really makes me wanna there nothing really directed to surviving you know what i mean?

Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!
I will sure do,thanks, thank you guys for making this forum so good,cheers!

Latest posts

Back