Hello from Ohio

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MISTY

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My name is Misty and I live in Ohio. I'm extremely new to the idea of prepping, but I believe more and more that it's necessary. I'm interested in learning from all of you on how to begin.

Hello everyone,
My name is Misty and I live in Ohio. I'm extremely new to the idea of prepping, but I believe more and more that it's necessary. I'm interested in learning from all of you on how to begin.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to share your knowledge with the site and feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome to the forums Misty. It is so awesome to see more and more waking up, and wanting to learn more about prepping. We need as many awake to what is going on, and prepping as possible. There is a wealth of great info here, as well around the internet, but have to be careful these days being on the internet. I would say the first basic steps in prepping is storing enough food and water, gather up some clothing for all season's. Not a closet full though ;) But enough that you can pack in a duffle bag or small suitcase just in case you have to leave your area. Next step would be some sort of protection, and hunting. Guns, Knives, bow/arrow, or slingshot. I have all the above. Remember... Any form of weapon is better than none at all. Learn how to use them also. What I try to do is imagine any worse case scenario, and think all possible ways on how would I survive that situation. When I first started prepping it became very overwhelming trying to figure out what I needed, reading/hearing all the bad things going on. At the end of the day I realized... I have no need to fear what is to come. Why? Because I have God in my heart. The next thing I would do is find others in your area that are also awake or not. Easiest way to find out is ask if they support Obama ;) If they do, don't even bother trying to tell them otherwise. They will just lie, laugh in your face, and call you names. That is typical "Liberal's" HAHA. Ok asking if they are Obama supporters might be taking it to far, but you get the idea. If they think our Gov is doing a fine job... Walk away, move on to the next person. Unfortunately where I live I am surrounded by rich retired people, and college kids, plus I live 5 minutes from the ocean. Anyways glad your here, and ready for a life changer of being a prepper. You are now considered a looney crazy "prepper" like the rest of us ;) So welcome to the family.

howdy .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replys you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....

howdy .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replys you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....
Thank you for the welcome! I appreciate it. Joining new groups can sometimes be tough. Everyone here seems like they help one another out. That's great.

that they do..if one person dont know or simply not sure..someone else does know..there's lots of great folks here..

It's pretty hard to compete with Davy's post, so I won't even try, :p. Anyway, welcome from a fellow Ohioan, there's a lot of info on here, just got to find it :)

Welcome to the forum. I'm also from Ohio. Every one here is great and very informative. Don't hesatet to ask any questions

Hey there and welcome! A quick tip for you is to not wig out and start trying to do everything at once, it doesnt work so well :). One thing at a time. I find that for each paycheck, I rotate stocking either food, water, or medical, etc. as I can afford it. A little at a time and your stockpile will grow.

It's pretty hard to compete with Davy's post, so I won't even try, :p. Anyway, welcome from a fellow Ohioan, there's a lot of info on here, just got to find it :)
Hi. Thank you for the welcome! Where are you from in Ohio??

Hi Misty, A Warm Welcome! Whole bunch of friendly folk in these here parts... feel free to ask and share.... (am on the other side of the world... but you can holler here too :) )

Latest posts

Back