Hello from Nebraska

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooky

Reaction score
Hello all, I expect my introduction not to make much of a "splash"...but here goes.

I'm living not horribly far from the geographic center of the contiguous 48. I work collections, my job basically being to find you and your assets. I am married and she also works in an office setting.

Recently we decided to become slightly more serious about our prepping. Between the ridiculous politics and the fact that our area is a target for Tornadoes, it is time to have some more plans in place. A couple weeks ago I spent 3 hours in the basement of our office building waiting for a tornado to pass. I was the only one who had a communication device other than a cell phone. My wife is presently studying to get her Technician license also. (My call sign isn't listed because I'm not excited about all of you knowing where I live, even if it just goes to a po box). I am currently studying for a General class license.

Thought it would be nice to interact with some like minded people.

It's a pleasure to meet you all, you may call me Spooky.

Last edited:
howdy from a Texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed...

Hello jimLE! I appreciate the welcome, most here seem to be fairly good people :) I have some basic survival skills/training, but not all the answers. While I'm not preparing for anything specifically, I would like to be as prepared as possible.

Texas? Too warm for me...born and raised in SD. ;)

folks are nice respectful and helpful..and yes,some of us are even a lil warped.:D it helps..lol..how long you been prepping?.if not long.then you might start prepping for where you live.to what takes place there.like for harsh winters.getting stuck at home due to to much snow and/or ice on the roads.power outages.wildfires.etc etc.

I'm not really prepping for any specific thing really. But as the Boy Scout motto goes "Be Prepared". I don't know how to answer the "how long have you been prepping" question...honestly I've had camping/emergency gear for most of my life. I am here to potentially close up any deficiencies in my overall preparedness.

The things I'd be most concerned with in my area (in order) :

Tornadoes
Floods
Winter Storms
Civil Unrest

Right now I'm focusing on Communications, but also need to explore water and food storage.

Communications is a good route to take..

i think water and food storage is always at the top of any body's list.especially when it comes to prepping for what ever..and of course,storage can be a issue..might try walking through where you live.and take notice to all available and empty space.like corners and the areas between doorways and the ceiling..shelves or cabinets can go there.might even be able to store stuff underneath beds..under sofas n chairs that'll hide whats there.

i installed 3 store bought shelves in my bedroom.and it sure enough made a difference.i also built u shaped 1x6 shelves for canned and dry foods.we had a tornado something like 4 weeks ago.and yes that hit home with me,so to speak.now i've stepped up the importance of a tornado safe room,and the needed preps for it.i'll also be burying some preps when it comes to that as well. on account i know what they can,and most n likely do.

Thankfully we have a spare bedroom for storage...the main room is a little...well, full. But hey, at least the walls are slightly bullet resistant ;)

12998540_10204903764748808_734630406221314052_n.jpg

Also, can anybody tell me how to setup a signature? My experience with other forums doesn't seem to be doing me much good...

PREPPER GROUPING
These are the primary groups that will require your attention at some point.
PLANNING
STORAGE
WATER
FOOD
MEDICINE
HEAT
LIGHT
POWER
HYGIENE
COMMUNICATIONS
INTEL
REFERENCE
LOGISTICS
TRANSPORT
SECURITY
CLOTHING
PERSONAL KIT ( EDC, GHB, INCH etc)
GROUP / FAMILY KIT (TENTS, COOKERS, PORTA POTTIS etc)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT, WHY, WHERE, WHO, HOW
What are your prepping for ( the broader the better)
Why are you prepping
Where will you base your preps
Who will you be prepping for
How long will you be prepping for
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back