Hello from MS!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas Dixon

Reaction score
Hello everyone, My name is Dallas, which is fairly obvious, but might as well say. I joined this forum in hopes of learning some new information on my hobby I have started. I'm from south Mississippi, and it's super muggy down here. I mean like ninety degrees with eighty percent humidity muggy. It gets pretty hot sometimes, but I've gotten used to it.....mostly. I would like to point out I am a minor at the age of twelve, and yes, I have my parent's permission. I hope to meet all of you thoroughly and perhaps showcase some things I have learned with this new hobby.

-Sincerely,
Dallas Dixon

Hello everyone, My name is Dallas, which is fairly obvious, but might as well say. I joined this forum in hopes of learning some new information on my hobby I have started. I'm from south Mississippi, and it's super muggy down here. I mean like ninety degrees with eighty percent humidity muggy. It gets pretty hot sometimes, but I've gotten used to it.....mostly. I would like to point out I am a minor at the age of twelve, and yes, I have my parent's permission. I hope to meet all of you thoroughly and perhaps showcase some things I have learned with this new hobby.

-Sincerely,
Dallas Dixon
Welcome. It’s never too early to learn useful information in life!

Howdy from Georgia!

I grew up in Jackson and have relatives from all over Mississippi. I am a bit familiar with your corner of the state, as I did some volunteer work with the Red Cross after Hurricane Frederic. I was assigned to Leakesville, which is what? 20 miles from Lucedale?

Anyhow, Leakesville was completely cut off from the outside world. The radio towers were down, no phones, no power, and the roads were completely blocked by debris. I had to get into the town to find out what the situation was and then drive back to Hattiesburg to report on their condition.

Leakesville stands out in my mind as the only place I ever went after a disaster where the local Red Cross actually FOLLOWED THE DISASTER PLAN, LOL!

welcome from Fin.

what would I say to someone at your age;well,learn skills,like basic first aid,try to learn what you have in your neck of wood in ebible plants and so on.

Welcome from a top secret location only 148 people know about. For someone your age, learn skills, such as fishing, hunting, snareing, foraging plants, gardening, fire building, camping etc..download the thousands of PDF files we have in our library and info threads. It will be very hard to stock preps without your parents help. Try to get a few tools, like a survival knife, led flashlight, compass, lifestraw water filter. There are also free prepps you can work on aquiring. Water containers, food grade plastic buckets, make your own charcoal, useful materials others throw away in trash.

welcome from Fin.

what would I say to someone at your age;well,learn skills,like basic first aid,try to learn what you have in your neck of wood in ebible plants and so on.
Thanks. I have started practicing all of the above. The library seems to be pretty useful actually.

Howdy from Georgia!

I grew up in Jackson and have relatives from all over Mississippi. I am a bit familiar with your corner of the state, as I did some volunteer work with the Red Cross after Hurricane Frederic. I was assigned to Leakesville, which is what? 20 miles from Lucedale?

Anyhow, Leakesville was completely cut off from the outside world. The radio towers were down, no phones, no power, and the roads were completely blocked by debris. I had to get into the town to find out what the situation was and then drive back to Hattiesburg to report on their condition.

Leakesville stands out in my mind as the only place I ever went after a disaster where the local Red Cross actually FOLLOWED THE DISASTER PLAN, LOL!

Yep, Leakesville isn't far. It has an abandoned factory dead in the center of it, which, if in an extreme situation, would make a great HQ for a new community. Always great to know someone has at least been this close.

Welcome from a top secret location only 148 people know about. For someone your age, learn skills, such as fishing, hunting, snareing, foraging plants, gardening, fire building, camping etc..download the thousands of PDF files we have in our library and info threads. It will be very hard to stock preps without your parents help. Try to get a few tools, like a survival knife, led flashlight, compass, lifestraw water filter. There are also free prepps you can work on aquiring. Water containers, food grade plastic buckets, make your own charcoal, useful materials others throw away in trash.
Already started alot of this. I have an allowance so I use it on things towards this hobby. I have a knife, although I'm probably going to make a better one, and I have a Lifestraw filter, as well as many other things you highlighted. I learned to make charcoal not too long ago. In fact, I'm using some today with my friend.

Howdy from east texas.welcome to the forum and family.feel free to roam the threads and post comments. Even start a new one if need be

Nothing wrong with you being 12 years old here...welcome aboard

Latest posts

Back