Hello from Missouri!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyHourGirl

Reaction score
Hello to everyone and thanks for letting me join your group! I grew up in California in the suburbs. I am a disabled veteran and have been prepping for 10 years. I started when I moved to Idaho in a rural community but soon learned that the winters were harsh with a lot of snow and a very short growing season. So I moved to Southwestern Missouri 4 years ago. The land here is dirt cheap and I was able to acquire a cabin and acreage in a very small farming community. I've spent years learning to garden and learning to raise livestock. I have been storing extra food each month, stockpiling weapons and ammo, first aid suppliers, batteries, flashlights and other necessary items. I lack experience in hunting, survival and tactical moves. I'd like to go off grid but have yet to acquire solar. My first years here in Missouri were getting fencing done and upgrades plus building barn and other structures. Looking to learn from you all.

Sounds like you are well on your way to a self sufficient life style. Roman wasn't built in a day and neither will your homestead. Since you have fences now, do you also have livestock yet? A garden is a big prep in my book. Helps keep us fed and whatever is leftover gets preserved. Welcome to the group! Look forward to exchanging views and ideas.

Howdy from a Texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quite a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic

Latest posts

Back