Hello from Michigan

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You actually can do a lot with your acreage when it comes to gardening. Sounds like you can grow and preserve the majority of what you use during the year even with your short growing season with veggies and fruits. I dont live within city limits but my mom does. She could have chicken, if she chose, but not a rooster since that is the noise maker. Just douvle check.

What firearms do you recommend? What do you think of a Glock 20?

Glocks are good weapons. I have a .45 Glock 19. You’ll know which weapon to choose because it will feel perfectly comfortable in your hands.

welcome to the forum

I am not a Glock fan in fact it would be an act of desperation if you found me with one,,,,,,,,a pump shotgun there are a lot of good ones out there 12 or 20 gauge either will do and the ammo is cheap and Walmart carries it all the time,,,,,,,,,,,,my 3 main weapons are a 1911 45acp,,,,Remington 870 compact and I also have a AR15 in 300 Blackout,,,,223 ammo is cheaper but I hunt with mine and went with the larger round

good luck

Thank you for the advice, I'm sorry I have not been able to respond prior to now. My stock pile I would have to say is definitely not where it should be but we (6+) could live on it for at least 6 months. Definitely is a work in progress. We do live within "city" limits by about 1/2 a mile and so we do have to follow the city ordinance of NO chickens. We had originally planned to raise chickens (my daughter was the one pushing for this), but then found out that we are not allowed. We do have a couple gardens, and I preserve everything I possibly can. We have planted fruit trees when we first moved to this home (3+) and are starting to see good fruit on a couple of them. We have about 3 1/2 acres of cleared land and then an additional 8 1/2 wooded acres. We have no plans of leaving our home when things go bad. Home is our sanctuary our safety zone however with that said we do have a couple tents, but definitely need to make sure we get a camp stove, etc. Thank you for the great start.
Check if ye can keep rabbits instead of chickens maybe.

sry,missed to Welcome you here,my bad.
Rabbits would be my choice too,during WW2,many city people raised rabbits for meat and fur,easy and they tend to breed like rabbits 🤣

security; a shotgun is always a good choice and it can be used for hunting purposes too and never ever brag about your supplies..a neighbor now can be friendly, a hungry neighbor is danger.

Welcome from Missouri. Good to have you with us. Where do you begin? Really think about WHY you are prepping. What are you most likely to encounter? From there you decide what is best for you and your family. Lots of good people here; all willing to help. If you have questions just ask.

Have you ever used firearms? Do you own any, and have familiarity with them? If not take training classes, and learn about firearms before making a decision. That is not a decision to be taken lightly. or a purchase that should be made on a whim.

Latest posts

Back