Hello from Indiana

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I am new to this site but have been a prepper for a few years. I was a ranking member on another site but no one there seems to post any more so I decided to join here. I am from Northern Indiana and hope to learn more about prepping.

howdy .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replys you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....

Hi I am new to this site but have been a prepper for a few years. I was a ranking member on another site but no one there seems to post any more so I decided to join here. I am from Northern Indiana and hope to learn more about prepping.
Oh my god who let the Hoosier in! haha sup and welcome to the DPF's

Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome and thanks for joining. I hope you enjoy your stay here. This is a pretty good forum in my opinion. I Like it here for a lot of reasons. Good people, good info, good conversations, good humor, and hopefully we'll be having good events soon. We started annual events last year but turn out was a lot lighter than I would have liked.

Thanks again for joining!

Welcome and thanks for joining. I hope you enjoy your stay here. This is a pretty good forum in my opinion. I Like it here for a lot of reasons. Good people, good info, good conversations, good humor, and hopefully we'll be having good events soon. We started annual events last year but turn out was a lot lighter than I would have liked.

Thanks again for joining!
Do you think an event will be planed near TN?? We would love to attend!

yes gettingreadymama if you check out the camping trips,meetings and get-togeathers topics,and keep a eye on it..you'll come across a get togeather that'll most n likely be close enough.the one i attended was close enough for yall.i think..

yes gettingreadymama if you check out the camping trips,meetings and get-togeathers topics,and keep a eye on it..you'll come across a get togeather that'll most n likely be close enough.the one i attended was close enough for yall.i think..
Thank you I will look at the locations. Dates don't matter to us. So looking forward to such an event! Hope to meet as many people as we can! It would be an honer to meet you and your family!

Welcome to the party.
The Survival party that is.[/quote]

Curt,

First, I'd ask, are you staying put at your home or are you planning to bug out? Then you can begin tailoring your plan and looking at your individual skill sets. For example, I have military training, medical training, etc, but I am very weak in Animal husbandry and farming. So I lean on some of my friends like Jim LE and Danil54grl to add their thoughts to my initial understanding and allow me to ask questions that won't make me seem like I fell off a Pumpkin Head truck. This site is not judgmental, we don't heckle, we may tease a bit, but its a great wholesome environment and I've only been a member for less than a month. For me, I've been thinking of learning to do some herbal medicine, a friend of mine is going to offer some help and I have another friend who is big time into growing food. Really hard in my area to do with a stage 5 drought restriction, growing food is just not going to happen this year for me on the scale that I did two years ago (I didn't buy any veggies from my local store that year). So the prepping is what you make of it.

There are several things, you can start to do in preps. Food and water are the first some of the things I started out first. A simple medical kit, just basic stuff to help you out if your local Walmart or CVS Pharmacy runs out of basic things. Later, if money allows I know that their are many that are going to chime on in, so will let them add it, many are long-time preppers.

Since I am part of a team that is bugging out, we have several plans that we must, excuse the euphemism, feed. We have our normal preps, the Bug Out Bag, the Bug Out Bag, Caches, Main supplies and the Bug Out Location. Somewhere, we also have to focus on training and also recruitment of like minded people. In our case, the majority of our team are former military, law enforcement professionals or trade-skill people. Our wives also have position and bring their skills into the fray. Some of us are a little older, so like for my children, one is in college (we have to train her/also she has a BOB/Knows where our BOL site is and our meet up points are located).

This is a very great site, good people, and good advice.

CurtThepreppinnoob I agree with Silent Bob are you going to shelter in place or bug out? Once you know that and know what you are good at then you can create your plan and gear.

Curt,

You have different preppers here. Some have Bug Out locations and have communities created to mutually support each other in an event. Others are happy to stay on their homes because they lend to self-sufficiency and are away from major threats like population. Each of us has different reasons for either staying put or bugging out. For me, I've got a very large metropolitan area that has many people living below the poverty level (=meaning from an assessment, they are going to want to get to through my neighborhood, while we don't live in an upscale neighborhood, most of the homes were constructed within the last 10 years, so obvious target, other than the Country Club area) and also we have a huge prison here. Both which are considered to be high threats, while I am fully armed to resist, I can't see myself and my group staying for the long haul because the property would not provide a long-term subsistence. Hence why I am spend a ton of time learning animal husbandry at some local farms in the area. I also pick the brains of many here on the site with their background in farming, etc.

Another example of different opinions, some like my friend, believe in eating food that you are use to eating each day, I am sure he will give you a shout soon and add to this advice, which is very sound, so read his thread, I don't disagree with his ideas, in fact, I am sure my family would line up and say he is right because they don't like the dehydrated foods, mind you, I've got some food that is not dehydrated, but when your transporting stuff to the BOL or your are on the move with your last load, your thinking weight versus fuel expenditure. Items and things even if they are in a vehicle or trailer begin to add up, no different than the weight in my BOB.

My ultimate goal, like many, is to end up living on my BOL and wait for the rest of my community to join, that will be another few years since I can't retire yet, and wife well she is not ready to live so far away from a metro area (she likes to shop and enjoys her job).

So good luck, if you need help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for the support Carhugger, hope all is well.

Latest posts

Back