Hello from Denmark

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Fin, maybe the next target of the maniac...
Hopefully not! Finland is a strong country!

Almost spat my coffee out this morning, reading about the attacks on the nuclear plant! Like, how crazy do you have to be, in order to attack a nuclear plant? That’s pure evil!

Hello Michigan U.S.A. Skyroth, welcome to the forum. What kind of questions have you thought of with being new?

Thanks! Well, with crazy Putin attacking nuclear plants, I sure wont put it past him to drop a nuclear bomb either. If we are close enough to such an event that we need to bug in, to keep safe from fall out, how can I better secure my house, and what else should I get hold of, to keep my family safe?

Well for nuclear, I would start with a storage of water and food to last at a minimum of two weeks. Plastic painters drop clothe to tape on all your windows and doors when an event starts. Use duct tape so it sticks good. Some type of mask (N95 or better) to prevent breathing in fallout. If someone goes outside, they must undress outside/garage so fall out is not brought into the house. Then shower with soap and water. Stall inside for two weeks minimum, you're waiting for the radiation to die. If you have pets, then plan for them.

I will attach some books that will help you out.

Attachments

• 1 Nuclear-War-Survival-Skills.pdf
    18.9 MB · Views: 3
  • 11_Steps_to_Nuclear_Survival.pdf
    929.4 KB · Views: 3
  • incasemergency_1968.pdf
    6 MB · Views: 2
  • Nuclear Disaster Guide.pdf
    214.7 KB · Views: 2
  • You_Will_Survive_Doomsday_-_Bruce_Beach.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 2
  • Above_Ground_Fallout_Shelter.pdf
    819.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Basement_Shelter[1].pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • Home Fallout Shelter.pdf
    326.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Survival Shelters.pdf
    12 MB · Views: 2
Thanks! Well, with crazy Putin attacking nuclear plants, I sure wont put it past him to drop a nuclear bomb either. If we are close enough to such an event that we need to bug in, to keep safe from fall out, how can I better secure my house, and what else should I get hold of, to keep my family safe?

Well, I uploaded a bunch of reading materiel for you and everyone else. The first book Nuclear War Survival is an awesome book. I was going to upload some pictures of our NBC kits but I can't find the pic's. Basically, we have a gas mask in a bag. Then there is another bag that has Tyvek suits, spare gas mask filters, goggles, NBC gloves, Nitril gloves, radiation pills and sanitation wipes.

Well, I uploaded a bunch of reading materiel for you and everyone else. The first book Nuclear War Survival is an awesome book. I was going to upload some pictures of our NBC kits but I can't find the pic's. Basically, we have a gas mask in a bag. Then there is another bag that has Tyvek suits, spare gas mask filters, goggles, NBC gloves, Nitril gloves, radiation pills and sanitation wipes.

Thank you man! I’ll get to reading right away! So far i’ve gotten some large plastic cans to store water for everyone for 3 days, and also some freeze dried meals, and gas and camping oven, and some good quality duck tape, but I am a total newb, so this stuff is pure gold!

yeah, crazy,stupid...war crime?
Yeah for sure! Crazy bastard!

the missus thanks I’m being a bit tin foil-hat, with getting into prepping, but I know she is also getting scared with all that is happening! I gotta keep my loved ones safe!

Yeah for sure! Crazy bastard!

the missus thanks I’m being a bit tin foil-hat, with getting into prepping, but I know she is also getting scared with all that is happening! I gotta keep my loved ones safe!

Tell her we have house insurance, car insurance, life insurance. What about having family welfare insurance?

Explain to her about the pros of having food, water, BOB's etc. What could happen if you don't have ____items in an emergency. Tell her the food doesn't have to be just for SHTF but what if you were to lose your job, having the extra food can be a cushion until you get a new job.

Latest posts

Back