Hello from Central Texas (just north of Austin)

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's basically east. Sandy loam. We lease the pasture (for the Ag exemption on taxes) to a man who is the grandson of the little town's founder. He has over 100 head on a larger pasture in the area. Ours is just an overflow convenience for him when he doesn't want young heifers bred yet. Love watching them without the responsibility (other than maintaining the fence). Last year it was black Brangus; this year it is tan Brangus/Charolais mix heiffers. Here's what our cabin looks like and two of "the girls":

What a wonderul peaceful and lovely location Buttoni! Nothing like sharing our lives and adventures like pictures!

Thank you, @GeorgiaPeachie . It is indeed peaceful out there..........with the silence only broken by the occasional exotic critter at the break in the fence line during Fall rutting season. The property is tucked way back off the county road. Our rear neighbor there is a 1200+ acre (currently for sale if you're interested, LOL) exotics hunting ranch, as seen in the second pic. We enjoy those sound interruptions to the tranquility though. But when the sound is a big gunfire, we know some pretty animal won't be having dinner that night.

Attachments

• Texas Flag  Proud.JPG
    Texas Flag Proud.JPG
    8.8 MB · Views: 8
  • Exotics keeping and eye on us at sunrise.JPG
    Exotics keeping and eye on us at sunrise.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 7
Nice to see so many Texans here. I'm North Carolinian by birth; a naturalized Texan by marriage. :)
We won't hold it against you. ;) by birth I was California. That fact never bothered me until the last recent years. Now it's shameful to admit, but I was there for less than 6 months of my life thank the good Lord!

LOL Well, @TexasFreedom, my father was born and raised in Texas (Texarkana on the Texas side), declared it as his home state when he entered the USAF as a pilot in WWII. He just happened to be stationed in NC when I was born is all. Shit happens, what can I say? I was only in NC 1 year. Then they were transfered to U.S. Panama Canal Zone the next year where my brother was born. Dad's Texas home state declaration got me in-state tuition at UT Austin, and I've lived in Texas since 1966. Does that almost make me Texan?

Last edited:
LOL Well, @TexasFreedom, my father was born and raised in Texas (Texarkana on the Texas side), declared it as his home state when he entered the USAF as a pilot in WWII. He just happened to be stationed in NC when I was born is all. Shit happens, what can I say? I was only in NC 1 year. Then they were transfered to U.S. Panama Canal Zone the next year where my brother was born. Dad's Texas home state declaration got me in-state tuition at UT Austin, and I've lived in Texas since 1966. Does that almost make me Texan?

You were doing good until you mentioned UT austin. Wow, what a horrible crashing sound that made...

Latest posts

Back