Hello From Central Louisiana

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

La_crimson_nape

Reaction score
I started prepping, well...tonight. However, I think I'm a step ahead of some folks. I have a water well. It has an electric pump, which makes me want to learn more about wind/solar power generation. A half a mile down the black top road, there's a spring fed creek with easy access, which I believe could be a good Plan B.

This area is very rural. My parents generation were the first to see indoor plumbing. My generation saw the times when a garden was an integral part of putting groceries on the table. I expect a barder system to establish itself quickly in this area.

I have a few other assets that just happen to be already in place that would make my spread a good bug out point for probably 20 people--(2, or 3 families?)

I look forward to hearing everyone's concerns, ideas, criticisms and fears.

I think one of the Doomsday preppers had a manual backup for his well water. In fact I think he had three methods of pulling out water. You might be able to see the clip at hulu.com. I think that is where I saw it. Oh and welcome to the boards.

I think one of the Doomsday preppers had a manual backup for his well water. In fact I think he had three methods of pulling out water. You might be able to see the clip at hulu.com. I think that is where I saw it. Oh and welcome to the boards.

The well has an air compressor to pull the water to a 2 thousand gallon resevoir, then the electric pump takes it from there. If need be, I could draw water out of the resevoir.

Since you mentioned that, I'm wondering how hard it would be to operate the compressor manually. Rig up a bicycle on it--get my workout in, too?

I started prepping, well...tonight. However, I think I'm a step ahead of some folks. I have a water well. It has an electric pump, which makes me want to learn more about wind/solar power generation. A half a mile down the black top road, there's a spring fed creek with easy access, which I believe could be a good Plan B.

This area is very rural. My parents generation were the first to see indoor plumbing. My generation saw the times when a garden was an integral part of putting groceries on the table. I expect a barder system to establish itself quickly in this area.

I have a few other assets that just happen to be already in place that would make my spread a good bug out point for probably 20 people--(2, or 3 families?)

I look forward to hearing everyone's concerns, ideas, criticisms and fears.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome from Washington parish. check out the DIY shallow water well vids on you tube. Im going to try my luck with a hand pump , shallow well soon as backup to the main well.

Welcome to the forum. We are looking into building a windmill for our well, it's deep and when the power goes it's basically useless. We do have a spring as well that is enclosed with a spring house that can and occasionally is used for our water. If I were you, I'd have a water sample from the creek tested just to be on the safe side.

Latest posts

Back