Hello from Central California

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome aboard, I am sure others will follow your thread. Wise decision on your part...how far along are you on preps? Where do you think you are weak? I was stationed at Vandenberg (near Lompoc) in early 90's as an aide and personal security officer for my two star boss. Great times and for my family one of our best assignments. Let me know if you need help.

Regards,

Silent Bob

I saw your post, give me till the weekend. I am pretty busy at work, but will send you my excel spreadsheets of how to categorize buys. I'm the wrong guy for canning, that stuff but ask my friend JimLE....he can point you in the right direction, also their are others...they will see your post and respond. Good people all.

howdy from a texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed..

things may be going south in a hand basket..but being a new prepper.take your time to figure out what yall need to don't need..it's to easy to get something thats not needed..one thing i've learned in this site and in every day life..just because a certain item works for someone else,don't mean it works for me..when stocking up on foods.buy what yall already eat..this way the change in life after tshtf happens will have less ill effect on yall

Hello from rainy Central California. My family and I are new preppers but I feel that we need to get it in gear.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Thanks Bob!

Blissmommy,

Here is my BoB list. Sorry, that it took me to get back to you. I had to some new links for you, since the old ones didn't work. Hope this helps, if you need some links, let me know, also, If your like my wife, she waits for sales, Ebays, or finds sites that warn when things go on sale. Of course, dollar general it or shop around...While Amazon is quick, its not always the cheapest. I think I have over 500 sites, but I am pretty selective on quality versus real deal.

Example: You will find people buying those lovely little Czech Gas Masks...what a deal, but if you've never taken a mask cartridge out like those found in that crap, you will know that it takes about 5 minutes to change a filter and that is if that's not when your not under stress or holding your breathe. Here's my take, spend the money on a new mask, a good one that will take a 3M CBRNE cartridge will cost about between 130 to 220, also you can find all the cartridges are new with good shelf life...would you depend your life on a 30 dollar mask, my take, I think my family knows. Please note: Keep the masks outside of your BOB, "D" link it to your LBE gear or to the outside of the mask. Don't leave the mask under California summer heat and don't expose the cartridge to moisture. The CBRNE can's are like SPAM can's, easy to open either using the SPAM can key attached to the outside of the container or you can use a canopener or P-38, which is in your BOB, I also keep one on my dog tags. I buy from these guys because they supply law enforcement and have great shelf life on their cartridges.

http://approvedgasmasks.com/mask-gas.htm

Sorry for the pdf file did not turn out right.

Silent Bob

Attachments

• BOB List.pdf
    115.5 KB · Views: 4
Hi and welcome!
think that if you need advice abt food and canning ask ladys Mountain*Heart,Danil54grl or Shenandoah,have a gut feeling they know alot, then DrHenley has a few tips abt "coffee", you've already met Silent Bob,good,it's always good when you realize that you need to prepp

Silent Bob,any of those gas-masks suitable to a person with glasses??
i do have contacts aswell,but there is a chance i have to use mace while working and having that stuff under the lens doesn't make you happy,so regular glasses are better sometimes

Welcome Blissmommy. Please check out some of the forums and if you have any questions just ask. I have to agree with Jim LE on food, stock what you and your family already eats. If you want to make your own, maybe we can help

Jontte, SHTF hadn't happened yet and I already have issues with my contacts (especially in the spring with all the wind and pollen). . . glasses will be worth their gold in that time!

Latest posts

Back