Hello From Australia

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoulSurvivor

Reaction score
Lake Illawarra, New South Wales, Australia
Hello All,

I am only new to this forum and kind of new to the prepping stage. After years and years of research and watching documentaries and so on, i have come to the conclusion that something is about to go down, I dont know whether a massive solar flare will be coming to wipe out the entire electrical grid of the world, and if so how long it will last, whether Obama and possibly the Illuminati and other high power people will be starting WWIII, Or martial law and a police state of the US and/or Australia will come into force, Maybe we will be asked to take the mark of beast, the world will be depopulated down to 500million, I really dont know, But i can certainly say that something is happening, Something that the worlds governments know about, Especially the US government and they themselves are preparing for it, Just like the secret underground base under the airport in Colorado, Or the very secretive buildings in Ozark. But either way, They are preparing for something, and i want to start too.

I currently work as a truck driver for a food distribution company, a huge one that is Australia and New Zealand wide, So i have access to bulk foods, 50kg bags of Rice, 50kg bags of flour, wheat, tin food like baked beans, salmon, tuna and huge pallets of bottled fresh water, so with that at my disposable i am starting to stockpile food. My father inlaw is a very keen prepper, He has purchased land about an hour south of Canberra in the Tinderry Ranges, About 500acres in all and he is also stock piling food, water, fuels, learning livestock and produce growing amongst other things, Now i must ask, what else should i be stockpiling? what else can i do to prepare for what is about to hit us? and also, can i ask, what are you guys doing to prepare and what are you yourself preparing for???

SoulSurvivor

Hello All,

I am only new to this forum and kind of new to the prepping stage. After years and years of research and watching documentaries and so on, i have come to the conclusion that something is about to go down, I dont know whether a massive solar flare will be coming to wipe out the entire electrical grid of the world, and if so how long it will last, whether Obama and possibly the Illuminati and other high power people will be starting WWIII, Or martial law and a police state of the US and/or Australia will come into force, Maybe we will be asked to take the mark of beast, the world will be depopulated down to 500million, I really dont know, But i can certainly say that something is happening, Something that the worlds governments know about, Especially the US government and they themselves are preparing for it, Just like the secret underground base under the airport in Colorado, Or the very secretive buildings in Ozark. But either way, They are preparing for something, and i want to start too.

I currently work as a truck driver for a food distribution company, a huge one that is Australia and New Zealand wide, So i have access to bulk foods, 50kg bags of Rice, 50kg bags of flour, wheat, tin food like baked beans, salmon, tuna and huge pallets of bottled fresh water, so with that at my disposable i am starting to stockpile food. My father inlaw is a very keen prepper, He has purchased land about an hour south of Canberra in the Tinderry Ranges, About 500acres in all and he is also stock piling food, water, fuels, learning livestock and produce growing amongst other things, Now i must ask, what else should i be stockpiling? what else can i do to prepare for what is about to hit us? and also, can i ask, what are you guys doing to prepare and what are you yourself preparing for???

SoulSurvivor
First off... That was a great intro!
Welcome to doomsday prepper forums!
One thing that stands out to me is, do you have anything to protect yourself with?
It is my understanding that that the Australian government banned all guns.

Clydesdale, Thankyou, Well i thought, ill give you a bunch of info on myself so you know what stage i am at with prepping, an idea of my beliefs and so on, Yes, You are correct, After a massacre at which over 30 people were killed in Port Arthur, Tasmania, A new law was written banning guns and other certain weapons (I find it interesting how the man who was Guilty? of this massacre was not even in the state at the time and has proof) So all weapons were recalled, Though they are not completely banned, If you do not have a criminal conviction you can apply for a gun licence, But, You must have property to use it and you must justify why you want the weapon, whether to protect livestock or whether recreational hunting and so on. But its getting harder to convince them that you need the rifle or pistol, So alot of people are going black market, especially Australian Preppers. But so many people, especially the old timers who still want to live like the 50's held onto there rifles and ammunition, including alot of my family members. So we have about upto 10 rifles available with a substantial amount of ammunition which i will keep on storing. I have not as yet, But will look into hunting knives, machetes, swiss army knives and so on, My father inlaw just purchased a $500 first aid kit with surgical equipment and is having a bugout bag prepared by a former Australian SAS Soldier which he believes will last him upto 2weeks if he is to take off into the bush. Also my Grandfather who is a tough old bugger is teaching me a few things, He was a former officer in the French Foreign Legion and has given me a lot of tips about survival and self defence. So i am starting to learn alot about survival and what to expect, But the only thing is, how do you prepare for something that you do not know is going to happen? i mean, we dont know exactly what is going to happen and when, i guess we just prepare the best we can for anything.

And thank you for the welcome Cold 1911

Welcome SoulSurvivor, good to see an ausie here. Great intro too. Have some freinds in Brisbane via Ham Radio, long time.
Look forward to your ideas and thoughts so welcome aboard. Have fun.

Awsome into SoulSurvivor, And we are all glad you decided to join us here at dooms day prepper forum, welcome to the forums and community. Uf you have any questions that need to be answered please feel free to ask either myself or anyone here and we will work fast as we can to find you and get you a answer in a timely fast manner man..!:ar15:

Just like the secret underground base under the airport in Colorado
I have an uncle who lives a few minutes from the new airport, the one that mirrors the old one. He says the gov't and military activites and traffic at the old airport has tripled just since may and he has seen many huge militay semi trucks loaded with heavy objects go in and come out unloaded. He also agrees that the "Gov't" is prepping big time and believes the old airport is where the shelter is thats why they built the new airport, to move most of the traffic and people away from it. soon he thinks it will be completely closed to the public.

Welcome. Things to stockpile? Guns and ammo. Especially there(Legally only, of course). It's good for defense and currency. If you're one of the few that have them, you'll be sitting on a goldmine.

Thanks Savageagle,
Good to be here talking about this kind of stuff, Majority of the world are so close minded and never believe that anything could go wrong and look at us like a bunch of looneys, I told my sister, when something goes down and your knocking on my door for help, I give her one cup of rice and send her on her way...lol...Brisbane is a beautiful place to live, Always wanted to get into the Hams, Not many around these days, But enough to keep it going. You know when i watched this documentary about that Airport, They say that there was no reason to build it, they didnt need another one and also that so much dirt and rock was coming out of the ground and being piled up, So only reason for so much would be that they are digging deep, Wish i knew what was going on, I just wish we could have a whistleblower come out that knew everything and told everything, Or atleast told Alex Jones and let him get it out. Its really scary, All these things that we are finding out about the US Government and all these secret bases, buildings and so on, But we hear nothing about the Australian Government, Obviously they must know something too, I know that alot of American bases are popping up around Australia, Especially in the Outback and alot of Troops are being deployed here. I really gota research and find out why, just so hard, we dont have many whistleblowers here.

sstxprepper1, Much appreciated my good friend, I assure you will have alot of questions and will be asking for advice.

Alabaster, Nice to meet you, I like the page your sitting on..lol..Weapons i believe i will be needing, Kind of hard if i only stockpile Legal weapons, i think illegal weapons are a must too, Alot of old timers from farms have and sell dynamite sticks from time to time, Just not sure how unstable it can be, And with our laws they will be confiscating butter knives too soon. My father inlaw said that if you can, cash all your money in for Gold, He says its the only thing that does not and will not go down in value. But if all crap goes wild not sure what you could use it for.

I bought home a 25kg bag of rice from work yesty, So starting to stockpile my garage, My father inlaw wanted to build a bunker into a hill, just by hand though, And obviously have it well hidden.

So is everyone from this forum American? any other nationalities?

There are many nationalities represented here. Welcome from Louisiana. You seem like you and your family are off to a fine start. It is a pleasure to have you here.

Welcome ! Your smart joining on. You have what most people lack e.g. Common Sense. Don't worry about the "loonie" part, they called Noah a loonie too. We are starting to see people from all over the world logging on lately which only means we are not the only ones prepping. There are a great group of people here and some of the best minds in prepping/survival. Very family friendly here. Don't be afraid to share what you know. There is alot of information here to help keep your family safe.
You should look into food storage. Didn't Australia have a mice problem sometime in the past?
I had the honor to be with a group of AATV in Vietnam, I have a lot of respect for them. I would expect them to find them in Western Australia.
Anyway, a big warm welcome here !!

Welcome!

i guess we just prepare the best we can for anything

yep, that's pretty much all we can do. Luckily, while the event could be many different things, our needs as humans don't change, so we can plan for it.

Hello SoulSurvivor, glad you've joined the team! Its excellent that you have access to the foods that you do. I find that water is the one thing I can't have enough of so Im always buying a 5 or 10 gal jug every payday or so. Sorry about the gun bans in Australia, Im afraid its only a matter of time before they start getting away with that here, in which case I just might hide my guns ;). Joking aside, I think we'll have WWIII or a seriously bad economic collapse reminiscent of Rome but thats just my two bits.

Howdy SoulSurvivor, welcome to the family. Great to see not only another Aussie, but a fellow New South Welshman!

It is my understanding that that the Australian government banned all guns.

Clyde, a comment we Aussies hear quite a bit. As mentioned above, yes we still have firearms, we did however see very tight laws put into place which restrict what we can and can not own.

Not to mention licensing & firearm registrations.

This was all the repercussions of one incident, a very tragic one at that.

Welcome again SoulSurvivor, enjoy!

I've been MIA for a bit, so I'm a little late in welcoming you to the forum. I do hope you enjoy the company her.

Latest posts

Back