Hello Friends

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helen Back

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Just something funny.. A few days ago a friend called me paranoid. I said "I'm not paranoid, I'm just prepared", to which he responded "you're preparanoid". We had a good laugh, and I didn't point out my immediate thought, that if he had anything at all, he would be preparanoid too. Later, upon further contemplation, I removed him from my list of "welcomes" if SHTF.

howdy from a Texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quite a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.

I removed him from my list of "welcomes" if SHTF.

EXCELLENT!! You have just met the promotion requirements for a real prepper. Making known your prepping to the wrong persons can go also "wrong".
Making sure the wrong persons do not show up after the SHTF, is a real important thing. In another thread is being discussed this very scenario. What to do with those who did not prep, have nothing, are asking for something/anything, maybe bring some knowledge, (or sickness) and what to do to/with/for/against these persons...
Keep up the prepping, hold down the fort and tell no-one if there is not a "need-to-know"! Live free, GP

EXCELLENT!! You have just met the promotion requirements for a real prepper. Making known your prepping to the wrong persons can go also "wrong".
Making sure the wrong persons do not show up after the SHTF, is a real important thing. In another thread is being discussed this very scenario. What to do with those who did not prep, have nothing, are asking for something/anything, maybe bring some knowledge, (or sickness) and what to do to/with/for/against these persons...
Keep up the prepping, hold down the fort and tell no-one if there is not a "need-to-know"! Live free, GP
When I first bring up prepping to someone, I talk about it as an idea and see their reactions. If they respond constructively then after a few conversations where we discuss ideas and possibilities, I might mention that I do some prepping. I try to determine if they are on the "yes" or "no" list before I let them know what I have. And I have many acquaintances who react like yours did.

Latest posts

Back