Hello fm the swamps of Louisiana

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello fm Louisiana. Im fairly new to this prepping stuff, but having grown up hunting, fishing, camping and hiking I feel like Im somewhat prepared for whatever life throws at me.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

I wish I had more time for hunting, fishing, camping and hiking! I have yet to learn how to clean a deer or the like!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!​

Hello fm Louisiana. Im fairly new to this prepping stuff, but having grown up hunting, fishing, camping and hiking I feel like Im somewhat prepared for whatever life throws at me.
Well hello fellow Cajun. Welcome abord. I live in south La. south of Lafayette. Have been prepping for about 2 yrs. I dont have everything I want ready yet, but am working at it. Need to get with other preppers in our area to plan for TSHTF. It will be hard for one family to make it alone. After all one family won't be able to watch 24/7. We can at least traed cajun food or reciepts. Im working on our replenishable water supply. Our BOL is almost ready. I just have some defense issues that I have to take care of. When TSHTF happens, they won't be comming one at a time, it will be gangs. I need to be sure they can't penetrate our defenses. Where are you from? Let me know what you are thinking. Later Gator........

HELLO FELLOW COONASS , dude your not new to prepping , we have been doing it our whole lives. Country boy can survive !

HELLO FELLOW COONASS , dude your not new to prepping , we have been doing it our whole lives. Country boy can survive !
You are sure right about us prepping our whole life. When I was growing up, we had to raise our own garden, raise our own chickens and had our milk cow. When I was 7 yrs. old, my dad stuck a shovel in my hand and said "there's the rice field boy, lets get it". I actually thank my dad for giving me the work and self surviving skills that I have. He taught me that I can make it through anything. He taught me to fish, hunt, camp and produce my own food. I know I can live along the bayou if I have to bugout there because of my dad. I know many other coonasses have the same story and will make it when TSHTF. So, again, yes you are right about coonasses prepping all our lives.

Welcome. I ain't from Louisiana but I ain't a damned yankee either. Let's hear it for the country folk!

Well hello fellow Cajun. Welcome abord. I live in south La. south of Lafayette. Have been prepping for about 2 yrs. I dont have everything I want ready yet, but am working at it. Need to get with other preppers in our area to plan for TSHTF. It will be hard for one family to make it alone. After all one family won't be able to watch 24/7. We can at least traed cajun food or reciepts. Im working on our replenishable water supply. Our BOL is almost ready. I just have some defense issues that I have to take care of. When TSHTF happens, they won't be comming one at a time, it will be gangs. I need to be sure they can't penetrate our defenses. Where are you from? Let me know what you are thinking. Later Gator........

I know....another reason I feel defeated already....I know nobody in my area or around me who is prepping or preparing for anything...I feel so alone so I come here to be with you all...but once our internet goes down...likely to happen sometime...I will really be alone...dh is no support at all...son is helping me collect things but with very, very little money and/or resources, I'm feeling pretty doomed....

I'm also new here but just wanted to offer you a warm welcome....this community is wonderful and so glad I found it too!

heh man, me too . nice to hear from a local
Hey Bill Harrel, Bfree and From the the swamps. Don't know of many of us here in south La. that are getting prepper groups together. When TSHTF we will need all the togetherness we can get. Would like to get as many preppers from south La. together somewhere and discuss our plans and exchange thoughts. What do you'll think about it? Let me know and we can maybe all get together. Im south of Lafayette.

hey old anorak, just put some red pepper on those rabbits and BAM! your a country cajun
Yea, you right Dude. Us cajuns would have a hard time living without our Red pepper and hot sauce. There is nothing like cajun cooking. I have been in different parts of the country and saw some of the people throw meat in a pot with no seasoning and expected it to cook in 15min. That is sure not south La. cooking.

Red pepper has a place in my kitchen to be sure, but have to be careful with it cause of the hubs.

Hey Bfree neighbor! I am your neighbor over in Texas! You have grown up with a preeper mindset, so you are ahead of some of us. I grew up as a "small city" girl, but have been country sinceI was old enough to do it. Now I live it. Hubby hunts and I preserve what he brings home and I garden and preserve that too. I freezs, can, and dehydrate.

Latest posts

Back