Hello Fellow Preppers!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your most important area of focus during your prepping?

• Weapons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Medical

• Food

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Evacuation

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Shelter

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Bartering Chips

• Total voters

MedMan56

Reaction score
My name is Mike and I have been prepping for a couple years now. My first serious prep was back in 97 when CT was hit with an ice storm. Second major prep was for the Florida Hurricane season back in 2004. I lived in Daytona Beach during those storms. My 3rd and 4th major preps was for my tours in Iraq. 5th was for Dec 21, 2012, and though it was meerly a precautious prep, I still learned a thing our two, and my next major prep is coming up here shortly. It's more of an exercise but I may put some stuff out for all to now.

I am an Active Duty Army Medic of 7 years total service, with 4 years attached to Stryker Infantry out of Schofield Barracks, Hawaii, 2 years Clinical in Fort Sill, OK, and my next big step is going back to the Infantry with 2nd ID, Korea. I'm not going to fancy my career up and make myself seem all I did this with SF, and IED that. I never took any major contact or saw catastrophic loss of life. I've seen my fair share of combat related injuries and non battle injuries. I've done alot of basic weapons training with my line platoons over the course of four years, and weapons is one of my favorite topics.

I hope that I can bring alot to this forum, and I have endeavours that I may push to help ALL prepper's and the like. I tried sewing my own tactical gear, and that didn't work out well. So I have to find something else that I can do to get my idea's and knowledge out there. I also like to pass along the great deals I find along the way onto other wholesome, kind hearted individuals.

Well this is my basic introduction and I hope to talk to some great people and learn some good stuff. You can hit me about anything or ask any questions you want.

Thanks,

MedMan56 a.k.a. Dirty Doc

My name is Mike and I have been prepping for a couple years now. My first serious prep was back in 97 when CT was hit with an ice storm. Second major prep was for the Florida Hurricane season back in 2004. I lived in Daytona Beach during those storms. My 3rd and 4th major preps was for my tours in Iraq. 5th was for Dec 21, 2012, and though it was meerly a precautious prep, I still learned a thing our two, and my next major prep is coming up here shortly. It's more of an exercise but I may put some stuff out for all to now.

I am an Active Duty Army Medic of 7 years total service, with 4 years attached to Stryker Infantry out of Schofield Barracks, Hawaii, 2 years Clinical in Fort Sill, OK, and my next big step is going back to the Infantry with 2nd ID, Korea. I'm not going to fancy my career up and make myself seem all I did this with SF, and IED that. I never took any major contact or saw catastrophic loss of life. I've seen my fair share of combat related injuries and non battle injuries. I've done alot of basic weapons training with my line platoons over the course of four years, and weapons is one of my favorite topics.

I hope that I can bring alot to this forum, and I have endeavours that I may push to help ALL prepper's and the like. I tried sewing my own tactical gear, and that didn't work out well. So I have to find something else that I can do to get my idea's and knowledge out there. I also like to pass along the great deals I find along the way onto other wholesome, kind hearted individuals.

Well this is my basic introduction and I hope to talk to some great people and learn some good stuff. You can hit me about anything or ask any questions you want.

Thanks,

MedMan56 a.k.a. Dirty Doc
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

In a doomsday scenario I don't find your method inhumane. After all it is survival of the fittest.

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Hello and be welcome...I joined myself a few days ago and what I have seen thus far the site is fantastic....
Enjoy the banter and join in on it when you can.......

welcome to the forum and family medman..im sure we can learn from you as well you learn fom us...i hope you enjoy it here..

It seems like a small community with the same key players, and thats good. I look forward to getting to know everyone better.

Thanks everyone! I've been swamped at work but hopefully I can get some time to learn ya'll something ;)!

So, from what i've seen in my Poll, the majority of people that have voted, voted Food. So what I am assuming these people are the stay and play type. I say stay and play because they will hold their fort down, but need the food to do so. See i'm the load n go type, i'm not sticking around when SHTF. I can forage for food somewhere safe. I do have enough shelf stable food to get me by for about 1 week. I do have a bunch of perishables. My main concern would be immediate survival. Catastrophic disaster, Economic Collapse, Invasion, etc. This is why Evac is very important to me and learning to live off the land is why I am on here.

Welcome aboard ! If you start this thread in " what are you doing to prep or prepping 101 " i think it will be seen by a lot more members. Thanks

Welcome Mike! Would love to hear about whatever you would like to pass along to us and I know our group here can give you ideas too.

Latest posts

Back