Hello Everyone

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taylor94

Reaction score
Hello folks, Im Darren Taylor. I live up in Aberdeen, Scotland.

Been watching and reading a lot about preppers and the whole concept of it and I have to admit that it is something I have thought about for years but never took action. Initially thought it was one of those, "Its just me" ideas. Turns out I was wrong.

I am here to see what I can do to learn and prepare myself and maybe along the way meet some new people, learn from new people and put myself to use by helping others.

I have no clue where to start but I am taking a guess with looking at what skills I do have. I thought id tell you a little about me and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. It would be cool to meet up with some preppers near by if anyone is willing etc so im only a message away if anyone is looking for an apprentice so to speak lol.

Like I said I am from Aberdeen, Scotland. Im 19 years old going 20 in march. I have a daughter (Molly) who is coming up for 1 on the 25th January. I live with my girlfriend Melissa. I work as a Chef, cooking anything from quality grub to posh fine dining snooty stuff too.

I love the outdoors. Like my Dad I have a love and appreciation for the hills. I love to go hiking but in the past year haven't been able to get out much. Plus with no hiking partners it is a bit of a bummer. I don't like going alone. Loneliness is one thing that gets to me out in the hills.

I know how to fish, and always wanted to hunt but never been taught. I have done bits and bobs of martial arts but nothing to say im a Bad ### Bruce Lee type. I am a bit of a joker but I don't take the piss. I can have a laugh with people but I am serious where it is needed. Got to enjoy life.

Don't really know what else to say so any questions feel free to ask.

I look forward to talking to you folks and hopfully meeting some new friends. Dont have many... a bit of a loner
icon_razz.gif

Talk soon guys.

Darren

Welcome.
19 and a daughter? My advice is to first just concentrate on her man.
Establish yourself and enjoy these years vs. worrying too much about what bad things could happen.

I know, the LAST thing you expected to hear on a prepper site, but man, you've got bigger fish to fry at the moment, hehe.

Good luck to you all though. My only prepper advice for you is to have a BOB (Bug Out Bag) ready with some basic supplies (MANY threads here on this), for you, the girlfriend, and your daughter. That way, if you do have to "head for the hills", you can do so prepared. Just focus on the NEEDS (food, water, protection) first.

I know how to fish, and always wanted to hunt but never been taught

Find yourself a teacher/mentor. I'd wager there are a few old-timers around who would love to share their skills with the younger generation, just for your company. ;)

Thanks for the advice will take it on board.

My daughter is the reason for my action to prep. If SHTF then I want to know she will be safe.

howdy .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replys you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....

Hello folks, Im Darren Taylor. I live up in Aberdeen, Scotland.

Been watching and reading a lot about preppers and the whole concept of it and I have to admit that it is something I have thought about for years but never took action. Initially thought it was one of those, "Its just me" ideas. Turns out I was wrong.

I am here to see what I can do to learn and prepare myself and maybe along the way meet some new people, learn from new people and put myself to use by helping others.

I have no clue where to start but I am taking a guess with looking at what skills I do have. I thought id tell you a little about me and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. It would be cool to meet up with some preppers near by if anyone is willing etc so im only a message away if anyone is looking for an apprentice so to speak lol.

Like I said I am from Aberdeen, Scotland. Im 19 years old going 20 in march. I have a daughter (Molly) who is coming up for 1 on the 25th January. I live with my girlfriend Melissa. I work as a Chef, cooking anything from quality grub to posh fine dining snooty stuff too.

I love the outdoors. Like my Dad I have a love and appreciation for the hills. I love to go hiking but in the past year haven't been able to get out much. Plus with no hiking partners it is a bit of a bummer. I don't like going alone. Loneliness is one thing that gets to me out in the hills.

I know how to fish, and always wanted to hunt but never been taught. I have done bits and bobs of martial arts but nothing to say im a Bad ### Bruce Lee type. I am a bit of a joker but I don't take the piss. I can have a laugh with people but I am serious where it is needed. Got to enjoy life.

Don't really know what else to say so any questions feel free to ask.

I look forward to talking to you folks and hopfully meeting some new friends. Dont have many... a bit of a loner
icon_razz.gif

Talk soon guys.

Darren
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Latest posts

Back