Hello Everyone.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gimpdog

Reaction score
I am excited to gain valuable knowledge from experienced preppers. Thanks for the opportunity to learn.

I am excited to gain valuable knowledge from experienced preppers. Thanks for the opportunity to learn.
Welcome from south La. If you need to know anything, just ask. There are many great people here with alot of experience. There are a few of us from here in La. I was brought up along the bayou and learned to survive in the woods or along the bayou which usually go hand in hand down here. That is why we are finishing our BOL about 1/2mi. from the bayou. Our main house is in town, but I don't think it will be safe there when TSHTF. We have been prepping for quite a while. We have almost everything we will need when TSHTF. All that I need to work on now is my solar system and a garden. The first three things I would work on are food storage(long term) water storage( rain water is best here in La. with all the rain we get), and last but not least is weapons. You can have all the food and water you need for 10yrs., if you can't protect it, it doesn't mean s##t. Being a cajun, we were raised with a gun in our hands. How about you? Don't know if you plan on bugging out or not. Even if not, you really need to have a bugout plan. Do you have a family or are you alone on this? As for food all I have to say is CAN< CAN< CAN.

Welcome to the forum gimpdog. Lots of good information and conversation here.

Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Should you have any questions or need help with anything feel free to ask. The members on here are more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome from south La. If you need to know anything, just ask. There are many great people here with alot of experience. There are a few of us from here in La. I was brought up along the bayou and learned to survive in the woods or along the bayou which usually go hand in hand down here. That is why we are finishing our BOL about 1/2mi. from the bayou. Our main house is in town, but I don't think it will be safe there when TSHTF. We have been prepping for quite a while. We have almost everything we will need when TSHTF. All that I need to work on now is my solar system and a garden. The first three things I would work on are food storage(long term) water storage( rain water is best here in La. with all the rain we get), and last but not least is weapons. You can have all the food and water you need for 10yrs., if you can't protect it, it doesn't mean s##t. Being a cajun, we were raised with a gun in our hands. How about you? Don't know if you plan on bugging out or not. Even if not, you really need to have a bugout plan. Do you have a family or are you alone on this? As for food all I have to say is CAN< CAN< CAN.
I do have a family. I have a wife of 22 years, and a six year old son. My son is already learning about survival techniques. We do plan on bugging out, but have not decided where we will go.

I do have a family. I have a wife of 22 years, and a six year old son. My son is already learning about survival techniques. We do plan on bugging out, but have not decided where we will go.
I found a few more locations way back in the swamp along the bayou. There are 2 spots that are at least 1/4 off the bayou that the only way to get there is by canoe or walk and the woods are almost to thick to even walk. A flat bottom boat wouldn't make it in. There is a flat spot that is on a little hill and has some large oak trees that would be a great spot for a lookout. Thats only if I have to bugout of my bugout location, which I don't think I will have to do, because of where my BOL location is and defendable as it is. Do you have any areas near you that you could use? That is why I would like to get some of us around here together to talk about all our preps and make plan more for when IT hits. It's like the song " A country Boy Can Survive" " Well, A Coonass Will Survive". Hey LABA. We might have been born during the day but yesterday. I plan on going to the swamps around Golden Meadow, Cocodrie, Grand Isle and that area. People there have been living off the land for centries. They should be able to show me alot. Being a fellow coonass, at least I won't get and fed to the gators. Which has been the faith of many outsiders. They were just never heard from again. They are a totally different breed down there, as you konw.

Welcome aboard, is the swamps a viable option to bug out to?
Welcome aboard, is the swamps a viable option to bug out to?
I think the swamp is a perfect place. There won't be very many others out there. There will be many things to over come, gut being from here, we were taught from an early age to survive in the swamp. My great granddad was a trapper and lived in the swamp for many yrs. I learned alot from my granddad the things my great granddad showed him. I pretty much feel at home in the swamp. If all else fails you guys are welcome to come and join me. I will teach you poor NORTHERNERS how to be a transplanted coonass and how it is to eat cajun cooking. LOL.

I agree, Master cajun, I too will be fine in the swamp, I just know that it can be tough. The swamp is nuthin to play with, as you know.

We are close enough to the swamps, But the swamp seems like a tough place to survive.
Gimpdog, we will have to get together and go down the bayou. Do you speek French? Thats coonass french, not Canada french. It wouldn't take you long to get to the swamp from where you are. I don't mind getting with you and check out your options.

Naw I'm cool, I went to JRTC at Fort Polk and that LA hit kicked my ###. Almost passed out from that humidity, whoop me more than anything in sand land. Why I am heading north, let the other city people get eaten by gators.

Gimpdog, we will have to get together and go down the bayou. Do you speek French? Thats coonass french, not Canada french. It wouldn't take you long to get to the swamp from where you are. I don't mind getting with you and check out your options.
I understand Cajun french a bit when i hear it spoken, but speak only some phrases. I can pronounce all of our cajun foods correctly, lol.

Naw I'm cool, I went to JRTC at Fort Polk and that LA hit kicked my ###. Almost passed out from that humidity, whoop me more than anything in sand land. Why I am heading north, let the other city people get eaten by gators.
Fort Polk was fun wasn't it? LOl. I guess we are just use to it. It's like the cold up where you are. I don't want to freeze me kahonnas.LOL

The humidity hear is unreal, I dont think one can ever, ever really get completely comfortable with the heat and humidity levels that are found at Ft. polk. If one has not been here for training in the summer, words cannot describe the overwhelming heat.

Well I thought north was the option to keep the rift raft away, I guess that humidity there is good enough to make the hordes feel unwelcome and move along then. Sounds like a good bug out location.

Latest posts

Back