Hello Everyone

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chance

Reaction score
We would first like to Thank-you for letting us join your group. We are an average, middle class, American family. We have 3 children, two of adult age and one a teenager. We have been prepping for about three years. We have focused mostly on renewable resources and non power mechaical devices to aid us in this. I have four years of military service and six as a state patrolman. I am now GM for a heavy equipment company. We feel there are many things going on in the world and in nature that could spell both short and long term hardship for us. So we have been doing a general prep, for whatever may come down the pike. We would like to learn, share, and when needed, teach, within the group. Make friends and share ideas. So once again, Thank-you for letting us participate.

Wow, thanks for joining! That's cool and unique that your intro is as a family. That is probably the first time I have seen that.

It sounds like you have a good bit of experience we'll(I'll) be looking forward to hearing about for sure. You have a very diverse background too that should surely lend you some different and unique skills and experiences. Welcome to our community. Thanks to YOU for joining and participating in the learning AND the teaching. :cool:

W
We would first like to Thank-you for letting us join your group. We are an average, middle class, American family. We have 3 children, two of adult age and one a teenager. We have been prepping for about three years. We have focused mostly on renewable resources and non power mechaical devices to aid us in this. I have four years of military service and six as a state patrolman. I am now GM for a heavy equipment company. We feel there are many things going on in the world and in nature that could spell both short and long term hardship for us. So we have been doing a general prep, for whatever may come down the pike. We would like to learn, share, and when needed, teach, within the group. Make friends and share ideas. So once again, Thank-you for letting us participate.
Welcome Aboard Chance. You will meet alot of nice people here. they are all ready to help you in any way they can. Wyoming is a beautiful state. I semi-retired a few yrs. ago and went to Wy. for about 3 1/2 yrs. I hated to leave it but I get lonesome for my Louisiana mud and came back to south La. I hope you will enjoy this site as much as I have.

Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

The members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Wow, thanks for joining! That's cool and unique that your intro is as a family. That is probably the first time I have seen that.

It sounds like you have a good bit of experience we'll(I'll) be looking forward to hearing about for sure. You have a very diverse background too that should surely lend you some different and unique skills and experiences. Welcome to our community. Thanks to YOU for joining and participating in the learning AND the teaching. :cool:

Thank-you Alabaster
Unique we are! :D We look forward to the positive experiences ahead as members.

Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

The members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Thank-you Clydesdale

We feel individual preparedness is very important, but that in the long course, community, will be essential. Thus, after some deliberation, we searched for a group with real substance. Luckily, we found yours, and now are excited to belong. We don't pretend to have all the answers, or know exactly what to do in every situation that may materialize. So we can't help but improve our chances by sharing knowledge and ideas with other like minded people. Thanks for creating the group and putting us all together albeit the internet, it provides a forum to express our concerns, situations, and ideas with positive feedback and solutions. We are pretty old school thinkers in Wyoming. We are the 10th largest state in area, and a total population under 600,000. We jokingly say wildlife, mines and oil wells outnumber people. Our weather is extreme on a regular basis, so we venture out prepared for the elements every day. Using basic skills are also an everyday routine for most of us. Like the Dakota's, it is a unique state. We also have a large missle base with silo's spread across the high praire. We also have Yellowstone National Park. We joke that if we have a Nuclear war, or Yellowstone blows, we can bend over and kiss our butts Good-bye. However, if any other disaster occurs, we have an abundance of resources on which to survive. lol So as Alabaster said, we are Unique. I hope we can give as much as we receive from the group. Man, didn't know I would be so long winded. :rolleyes: Thanks

W

Welcome Aboard Chance. You will meet alot of nice people here. they are all ready to help you in any way they can. Wyoming is a beautiful state. I semi-retired a few yrs. ago and went to Wy. for about 3 1/2 yrs. I hated to leave it but I get lonesome for my Louisiana mud and came back to south La. I hope you will enjoy this site as much as I have.

Thank-you Mastercajun

What? You gave up the Wonderful Wyoming Wind, sub zero temperatures, snow and hail in July, and hundreds of miles of nothing but high prairie grass, for, warm weather, fresh seafood, yes fresh seafood, great fishing, unreal good food, and on and on? Smart man! Just kidding. Wyoming is beautiful indeed, but we sometimes find ourselves longing for the Southern climate, food and fun. Very nice to meet you. We have alot of military retiree's living here. We have a very good VA and the Denver VA is only 90 miles away. It has been nice for me to get to know so many Great Americans. I am already enjoying the site, so I am already happy I did! Thanks for your Warm Welcome, and eveyone's. I look forward to reading your posts and sharing ideas and information.

I like this guy(?) already... I tell you what... I hear all too often that people are into prepping and that heir loved ones think that they're crazy. I think if we can't show our loved ones that this is a valid and logical thought process/activity then we're in BIG trouble. Either we don't yet have the conviction and knowledge to explain it properly or they haven't had their cages rattled hard enough by life's little monsters. I think living where you do makes it a logical thought process for all of you. Many of us that live in a more urban setting take the comforts of society for granted. Once someone is faced with a situation they can't handle and no one comes to "Make it all better" they quickly find out that being prepared is common sense. I have lived in suburban and urban areas my whole life but have loved the wilderness and the greatness that mother nature has provided for us. Everything from hiking to camping to getting a truck unstuck has helped me come to this conclusion. In my area, a lot of preppers start from a defensive standpoint. They are attacked in their homes, on the street, or know someone who is. They start to think about guns, knives, pepper spray, etc as the first thing they can do to "Prepare" for a likely crisis. I think it grows from there. It seems many who are from more rural areas start like your family has and the worries of human threats come along long after the threats of ignoring God's gifts of nature. Snow storms, floods, even farming and hunting are all challenges that the rural preppers encounter earlier and more often than the urban threats of crack heads, gangs, and riots.

I'm looking forward very much to learning a lot from Chance and from our other members that hail from more rural settings...

Thank-you Mastercajun

What? You gave up the Wonderful Wyoming Wind, sub zero temperatures, snow and hail in July, and hundreds of miles of nothing but high prairie grass, for, warm weather, fresh seafood, yes fresh seafood, great fishing, unreal good food, and on and on? Smart man! Just kidding. Wyoming is beautiful indeed, but we sometimes find ourselves longing for the Southern climate, food and fun. Very nice to meet you. We have alot of military retiree's living here. We have a very good VA and the Denver VA is only 90 miles away. It has been nice for me to get to know so many Great Americans. I am already enjoying the site, so I am already happy I did! Thanks for your Warm Welcome, and eveyone's. I look forward to reading your posts and sharing ideas and information.
Yep I gave up all the good stuff you talked about to come back to all the bad stuff we have down here. In fact we are cooking some nasty old fried shrimp and shrimp scampi for supper. Don't you feel sorry for us? And what else is bad, we are in short sleeves and short pants. I know you must feel sorry for us that we can't wear long johns, wool pants, huge coats, ect. LOL. I really don't miss the winters up there but I miss the summers. We lived in Ranchester, Wy. If you and your family ever want to come to La. for a visit, don't worry about a place to stay. We got you covered. But you'll will have to eat our lousy south La. cooking like all that nasty seafood, gumbo, jambalya, fried oysters, boiled crabs, boiled crawfish, ect. HUNGRY YET? It's good to have you on this site with us. I have learned alot in just the short time i've been here. This feels more like a family than just a site.

Mastercajun, that does it. I'm packing up and headin' out. See you in the morning'(Or was that invite only for Chance?).... Assumin' you got room for another southern boy, his old lady and 2 dogs!Hahaha!!

All that food talk has my mouth watering, man! I love seafood and I love southern cooking. My Dad was always a fan of Louisiana cooking. I thought he was crazy when I was younger, but as I got older I started to be fascinated by La, from zydeco to jumbalaya. I think I like almost everything about that place and I haven't even been yet! Weather, too. I've always loved heat and humidity. I know a lot of people think I'm crazy, but I love southern summers. I'm moving back to Florida as soon as possible. Maybe sometime we can all meet up for a southern prepper get together!

Mastercajun, that does it. I'm packing up and headin' out. See you in the morning'(Or was that invite only for Chance?).... Assumin' you got room for another southern boy, his old lady and 2 dogs!Hahaha!!

All that food talk has my mouth watering, man! I love seafood and I love southern cooking. My Dad was always a fan of Louisiana cooking. I thought he was crazy when I was younger, but as I got older I started to be fascinated by La, from zydeco to jumbalaya. I think I like almost everything about that place and I haven't even been yet! Weather, too. I've always loved heat and humidity. I know a lot of people think I'm crazy, but I love southern summers. I'm moving back to Florida as soon as possible. Maybe sometime we can all meet up for a southern prepper get together!
Well,you and your "old lady" don't think she is that old. In any case you can tell her for me that she has all of my condolancies for living with you. LOL. just joking, but if you guys come to La. and need a place you are covered also. I've been all over the USA and have not found food anywhere that compares to south La. cooking. It's that us cajuns don't eat to live, it's we live to eat. After being with us for a week and eating our food and meeting the people here, you would want to live here pemanently. The more preppers we can get to come to south La. means the more preppers we will have in south La. because they won't want to leave. My personal opinion. LOL

Now that's thinking out of the box! More preppers that fall in love with the area so you have more preppers when you need 'em. Good thinking, man. We're foodies in general. We've always loved trying new foods and checking out different cultures because so much of any culture is food related. We all have that in common. We have to eat so we all try and make it a "Specialty", like BBQ, seafood, tex-mex, etc.

Now that's thinking out of the box! More preppers that fall in love with the area so you have more preppers when you need 'em. Good thinking, man. We're foodies in general. We've always loved trying new foods and checking out different cultures because so much of any culture is food related. We all have that in common. We have to eat so we all try and make it a "Specialty", like BBQ, seafood, tex-mex, etc.
I totally agree with you Alabaster. But then you spilled the beans when you said what you said about getting more preppers here for when we need them. I thought I was going to be slick, but you just busted my bubble. LOL On your post about the gardens, it is ashame that our government (who is supposed to watch out for us) is destroying our lives instead. The only way some people made it through the great depression was to grow gardens and raise their own livestock. It will be worst this time because our own government won't let us do that. Life's a bitch---then you die.

Welcome Chance and family. I hope you enjoy our little forum here, and I hope to learn form you and hopefully give you a different perspective on some things or maybe even teach you something. I am sure you will teach me a lot in the future. It's definitely like one big family here and I have learned quite a bit in the short time I have been a member. Welcome and I hope we get to chat quite a bit in the coming months. I have been thinking about a move to South Dakota as I loved it when I was there on business last time. I was only in Wyoming once to Yellowstone but it was incredibly beautiful. Thanks for joining and talk to you soon.

G'day from Down Under - I'm still LE & Army. Glad to hear the family is on board - can't quite convince the cook things aren't going well.

I like this guy(?) already... I tell you what... I hear all too often that people are into prepping and that heir loved ones think that they're crazy. I think if we can't show our loved ones that this is a valid and logical thought process/activity then we're in BIG trouble. Either we don't yet have the conviction and knowledge to explain it properly or they haven't had their cages rattled hard enough by life's little monsters. I think living where you do makes it a logical thought process for all of you. Many of us that live in a more urban setting take the comforts of society for granted. Once someone is faced with a situation they can't handle and no one comes to "Make it all better" they quickly find out that being prepared is common sense. I have lived in suburban and urban areas my whole life but have loved the wilderness and the greatness that mother nature has provided for us. Everything from hiking to camping to getting a truck unstuck has helped me come to this conclusion. In my area, a lot of preppers start from a defensive standpoint. They are attacked in their homes, on the street, or know someone who is. They start to think about guns, knives, pepper spray, etc as the first thing they can do to "Prepare" for a likely crisis. I think it grows from there. It seems many who are from more rural areas start like your family has and the worries of human threats come along long after the threats of ignoring God's gifts of nature. Snow storms, floods, even farming and hunting are all challenges that the rural preppers encounter earlier and more often than the urban threats of crack heads, gangs, and riots.

I'm looking forward very much to learning a lot from Chance and from our other members that hail from more rural settings...

Thanks Alabaster. I admire your insight and perspective. The 2 largest cities Casper and Cheyenne, have about 110 to 120 thousand residents together. The rest of our state are smaller enclaves dotted around the state, usually with miles of open prairie and mountains in between. Storing water and fuel, growing and canning food, hunting and fishing, smoking and drying our meats and vegetables, preparing for any kind of weather, and maintaining various forms of transportation to do all this, is every day life. We are already pretty self reliant people just to live here. Aquiring and maintaining weaponry of all kinds is the norm. A right of passage for our children is to receive and learn to maintain their first hunting rifle. Wild game and home grown vegetables are staples for many, including us. I guess you could say, we already have a head start with being prepared, just by living in Wyoming.
I saw a thread about, "what have you done to prep". I think I will share what we have done in that forum. As time allows. I work between 60 and 70 hours a week, so not alot of free time. Living between 6 and 8 thousand feet above sea level presents it's own set of challenges. 35 to 60 pus mph winds are almsot a daily occurance in the Fall, Winter, and Spring seasons. Add snow and fog, and it becomes an adventure just getting to work. I drive about 100 miles a day maintaining our 2 stores. Cheyenne and Laramie, about 50 miles apart. Go from 6,000 ft to over 8,000ft and back to 7,200 feet, which is Laramie, and then come home at night. Been doing it 8 years now. Yep, we are slightly crazy. lol
I would say the majoity of Wyoming residents are aware of the many potentials for disaster in the world, and are somewhat already marginally prepared. With that said, I better get to work.
I'll try to post information about what we have done to prepare, that I think might be helpful to others, and follow others threads. We can never know too much or be overly prepared. Survival is basic to all God's creatures.
Thanks Again!

Welcome Chance and family. I hope you enjoy our little forum here, and I hope to learn form you and hopefully give you a different perspective on some things or maybe even teach you something. I am sure you will teach me a lot in the future. It's definitely like one big family here and I have learned quite a bit in the short time I have been a member. Welcome and I hope we get to chat quite a bit in the coming months. I have been thinking about a move to South Dakota as I loved it when I was there on business last time. I was only in Wyoming once to Yellowstone but it was incredibly beautiful. Thanks for joining and talk to you soon.

Thanks army. I look forward to chatting and sharing with you too.

Chance it's great to have you on board here. I know your going to love this site and everyone here will be happy to share anything you may have a question about. I'm very new to the site but have some prepping in the works as we speak thanks to everyone's input. I personally would like to find more preppers in my area have yet to find any here where I live in Bath, North Carolina. Luckily I have my 2 adult children that are with me on this as well as my son-in-law. I believe that it won't be much longer when things begin to really shift to the bad. Heck we are already seeing it with the economy like it is. I look forward to hearing what you are doing to prepare because it may something I haven't thought of and need to do as well. So prep, prep and prep some more. Welcome Aboard.

Latest posts

Back