Hello Everyone, I am a new prepper that needs some guidance. Some help will be greatly appreciated.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trisha

Reaction score
I am 25 years old and has been prepping for about a year for a Zombie Apocalypse and Doomsday Dec. 21st, 2012 for a Crust Displacement/Polar hift. I have got my basics downpacked and have a crew of about 10 people who is ready to join me on the collapse of this world we live in.
This year i plan to invest the rest of my money on freeze dried foods and canned goods. Last year was about Firearms and Ammo. I have no idea where to choose my location if anything hits the fan, i definitely wouldn't like to stay in NY where i currently reside or anywhere close to the eastern coast. I am trying to head to Canada but i honestly don't have much knowledge on where to go and where to store my food. My second problem is shelter. If anyone can give me tips and advice i can figure it out my self but i just need to talk to the pro's. Like i said i am very new to this and i am bombarded with so much info i don't know where to turn and i found this forum by accident. I guess i was destined to find it because of my confused state. Please help! Thanks.

Welcome Trisha!
Well idk much about a Zombie Apocolipse, but if there is a pole shift i dont think Canada would be a good place to be, unless you like cold weather. from what ive seen on the subject, south would be the best option for a pole shift. However, i dont think anyone will know unless it happens.
Have you seen that they've found another Mayan calender that dates past 12/21/12 by 7000 years?
any questions you have feel free to ask, if i dont know them myself, ill find'em for you.

I am 25 years old and has been prepping for about a year for a Zombie Apocalypse and Doomsday Dec. 21st, 2012 for a Crust Displacement/Polar hift. I have got my basics downpacked and have a crew of about 10 people who is ready to join me on the collapse of this world we live in.
This year i plan to invest the rest of my money on freeze dried foods and canned goods. Last year was about Firearms and Ammo. I have no idea where to choose my location if anything hits the fan, i definitely wouldn't like to stay in NY where i currently reside or anywhere close to the eastern coast. I am trying to head to Canada but i honestly don't have much knowledge on where to go and where to store my food. My second problem is shelter. If anyone can give me tips and advice i can figure it out my self but i just need to talk to the pro's. Like i said i am very new to this and i am bombarded with so much info i don't know where to turn and i found this forum by accident. I guess i was destined to find it because of my confused state. Please help! Thanks.
Welcome to Doomsday Prepper Forums! Thank you for taking the time to join this site, and we look forward to your posts! Let us know if you have any questions comments or concerns.

Glad you have found 10 people you trust to help you out. There is something to be said for safety in numbers.
As far as freeze dried stuff goes there is a thread on this site about buying some from Costco.

http://www.doomsdayprepperforums.com/index.php?threads/costco-getting-involved.129/

Welcome, as you I am new to prepping as well, but I am having fun. Stay strong and get what you can when you can, but also learn to hunt, fish and trap (if you do not do this now.)

Trapping, there's something I need to learn how to do.

Trapping is a great way to get some meat into your diet, while staying hidden. Some fishing line, small rope, or even a box trap made from twigs will do wonders for your diet.

Trapping is a great way to get some meat into your diet, while staying hidden. Some fishing line, small rope, or even a box trap made from twigs will do wonders for your diet.
i need to learn what is edible in these parts. So much pollution here in southern california lord knows what animals are totally toxic.

heck ill eat mice and such if thats all i can get, trick is, if you think they could have rabies, cook the heck out of'em till almost char, and what ever you do dont eat the marrow.

heck ill eat mice and such if thats all i can get, trick is, if you think they could have rabies, cook the heck out of'em till almost char, and what ever you do dont eat the marrow.
I have never understood the appeal of eating marrow. I know if starvation is on the horizon, i would eat just about anything.

tbh beef marrow is awesome if cooked right, and if its a clean animal, however, if its wild theres a possability it contains disese. marrow holds alot of it even after cooked off

Pleasure to meet you, well i have done a good bit of research on the earth going into the dark rift in december that may cause a polar shift but never came across anything regarding a 2nd mayan calander. i am going to do a bit of research on that topic. i do have a question, what types of shelter should i be looking into? lots of people told me to build a bunker about 50ft under ground just incase of a nuclear war, but how would that protect me during a polar shift? I know the zombie thing may be an edgy topic but u may never know due some of the things happening in the world today, i still dont think a bunker will help me with that because at some point i plan on coming out of the ground an those flesh eating zombies may be waiting to get a taste of me.:confused: but thank you in advance for your time and help.

not bad deals too bad i missed the sale... great advice i am a member of costco will be buying some of my supplies there' thanks!

Pleasure to meet you, well i have done a good bit of research on the earth going into the dark rift in December that may cause a polar shift but never came across anything regarding a 2nd Mayan calendar. i am going to do a bit of research on that topic. i do have a question, what types of shelter should i be looking into? lots of people told me to build a bunker about 50ft under ground just in case of a nuclear war, but how would that protect me during a polar shift? I know the zombie thing may be an edgy topic but u may never know due some of the things happening in the world today, i still don't think a bunker will help me with that because at some point i plan on coming out of the ground an those flesh eating zombies may be waiting to get a taste of me.:confused: but thank you in advance for your time and help.
I don't really know anything about a "Dark Rift."
I too have not heard anything about a 2nd Mayan Calendar.
I wish I could build me a bunker of some sort, but where I live that isn't possible.

shelter would all depend on what version you think is going to happen during the shift. some people claim it will be flooding much like the movie 2012, others claim it will be a freeze type shift.
for a flood type shift, i don't think there's going to be much of a shelter you can build, unless you plan to live there the rest of yours, and whoever is with you's life. in that case i suggest a deep sea bunker (i don't know if they make them ill get back to you).
freeze type, think of where/what you'd want to live like if you were in Arctic or Antarctica, but really its about what would happen during a shift, what do you thinks going to happen?
Ill be back soon with info on the Mayan stuff shortly.

shelter would all depend on what version you think is going to happen during the shift. some people claim it will be flooding much like the movie 2012, others claim it will be a freeze type shift.
for a flood type shift, i don't think there's going to be much of a shelter you can build, unless you plan to live there the rest of yours, and whoever is with you's life. in that case i suggest a deep sea bunker (i don't know if they make them ill get back to you).
freeze type, think of where/what you'd want to live like if you were in Arctic or Antarctica, but really its about what would happen during a shift, what do you thinks going to happen?
Ill be back soon with info on the Mayan stuff shortly.
This is a disaster I am going to have to study up on. I don't think either scenario you mention is very appealing. Living underwater or floating around like Noah is going to be much easier said than done.

Latest posts

Back