Hello All

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just joined with the intention of being helpful to others as well as myself. I'm an Extra Class Amateur Radio Operator with a lot of interest in Disaster communications.

I have been a volunteer firefighter and emergency medical technician for over Forty Years now and I am presently serving on my towns Emergency Preparedness Committee. The experience of serving on that committee has been a real shocker for me because of my up close and personal exposure to the attitudes of a segment of the population that seems to expect me to come to their home and spoon feed them in the event of any disruption in their lives. There is a small but obnoxiously vocal segment of the population who seem to live for any chance to find fault with local government. When I suggest that they get involved in making themselves and their community ready for even the most ordinary severe weather emergencies they react like I have proposed sacrificing some close relative of theirs to the storm gods.

I came here to get exposure to people who are willing to take some responsibility for their own safety.

--
Tommy

howdy from a texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quiet a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed....

It's amazing how much it would relieve stress on disaster planners (and resources) if folks just did even a little bit of prepping themselves.

Here in FL, we're used to prepping for Hurricane season, but I can tell you that so many years without a big storm, have pretty much meant most no longer do their basic hurricane preps any more. We are going to get other big storms, that's sheer statistics, but we seem to act like it's all over for some reason.

Hi and welcome from me too,yup we have our reasons and do the best we can,with what we have and can get.

I just joined with the intention of being helpful to others as well as myself. I'm an Extra Class Amateur Radio Operator with a lot of interest in Disaster communications.

I have been a volunteer firefighter and emergency medical technician for over Forty Years now and I am presently serving on my towns Emergency Preparedness Committee. The experience of serving on that committee has been a real shocker for me because of my up close and personal exposure to the attitudes of a segment of the population that seems to expect me to come to their home and spoon feed them in the event of any disruption in their lives. There is a small but obnoxiously vocal segment of the population who seem to live for any chance to find fault with local government. When I suggest that they get involved in making themselves and their community ready for even the most ordinary severe weather emergencies they react like I have proposed sacrificing some close relative of theirs to the storm gods.

I came here to get exposure to people who are willing to take some responsibility for their own safety.

--
Tommy
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Latest posts

Back