Heat

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got one of those cheap piece of crap Chinese wood stoves too. It needs to be fed at least every 2 hours. It can't be shut down and is dangerous to use. I'm using it in my fur shed for now, but after this winter it's going to the dump. I'll replace it with a real wood stove by next fall. I should know better than to buy any Chinese junk. You get what you pay for.
For the house we have a Kuma wood stove. Its got all the nickel trim and a window. It heats our house just fine plus we cook on it quite often too.

If you live in a low population wooded area, the trees around you will scrub the air of all your emissions.

There is another way to look at this. When I burn wood or you burn wood, it produces carbon dioxide, water vapor and heat. It may produce some particulate matter too. But when the wood lies in the forest and rots it produces methane and heat. So the issue is between carbon dioxide and methane. CO2 is no longer considered a greenhouse gas by the US Forest Service and these people are not geniuses. CO2 is a natural part of the same cycle which produces the oxygen we breath. But methane is a very strong greenhouse gas---Greta goes crazy when she sniffs it. So burning wood is vs. letting it rot is neutral as far as heat goes but it is much less harmful to burn it than to let it rot because the latter produces methane. Particulate matter may be harmful to your lungs but it bounces solar radiation back into space and cools the planet.

Now, I really don't care about any of this. The reason is earth warms and cools in long cycles and at the same time retains a homeostasis mechanism counteracting both cooling and heating ( Milankovitch cycles and Gaia Theory). Anything humans do is not even a drop in the ocean compared to these forces. So it just doesn't matter outside of the politics of "climate change".

I actually toyed with the idea of a Methane Abatement company which was going to be "shovel ready" during the Obama years. The company would simply gather fire wood from the forest and sell it---and pick up a nice government grant from Chocolate Jesus.

I got one of those cheap piece of crap Chinese wood stoves too. It needs to be fed at least every 2 hours. It can't be shut down and is dangerous to use. I'm using it in my fur shed for now, but after this winter it's going to the dump. I'll replace it with a real wood stove by next fall. I should know better than to buy any Chinese junk. You get what you pay for.
For the house we have a Kuma wood stove. Its got all the nickel trim and a window. It heats our house just fine plus we cook on it quite often too.

If you are anywhere near me, I will drive to you and buy it from you if it is a Vogelzand box stove or the American copy. I know how to hot rod these stoves and make them the absolute best. Please respond.

Latest posts

Back