head transplant

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll believe it when I see it. Personally, I think there's a whole host of things that would go horribly wrong, even if the surgery was spot on perfect.

For one thing, the person would likely go nuts.

I'll believe it when I see it. Personally, I think there's a whole host of things that would go horribly wrong, even if the surgery was spot on perfect.

For one thing, the person would likely go nuts.

Yep!

Has the brain ever been brought back from absolute death? I know the brain can go into hibernation sort of speak, drowning victims have proven that in frigid cold waters but that's not the same as a 100% shutdown (absolute death) or is it they keep oxygen and blood flowing to the brain as the person dies or they take the head as the person is alive while supplying oxygen and blood? and if the person dies while the head is off or in the process is it murder? Where is the moral defining law here?

Yeah man supposedly walked on the moon in the 1960s. You would think anything would be possible by now.

OK, I just find this very disturbing. The body will be donated from a person who recently passes. The head is from a living person who is basically willing to go to the guillotine so to speak. Its almost certain death. . . . who in their right mind would want to do that and to have it glued on! Their hoping it will heal itself. . . Not to mention all those poor animals they have been experimenting on. I'm just dumbfounded.

this is just begging for trouble,just let me go I would want no part of it,,,,,

I’ve read some about this and am really interested. The guy they are probably going to do this for has a body that’s useless and in chronic pain. I figure he is so tired of living the way he is that either death or a really slim possibility of improvement is worth the risks. I honestly feel it is certain death. I also feel that there is some medical science to be learned by trying it. The real hurtle to overcome is the spinal column. Reattaching a nerve in a hand or foot is one thing, and has been done with some success. Your spine has bundles of different types of nerves and getting these to reconnect is really way out of our medical talents right now. I’m not bothered by any moral issues here and figure if the patient is willing then good luck to him.

Back