Quantcast

Harbor Frieght

Doomsday Prepper Forums - The Number One Prepper Site

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
LOL, i couldnt just let Colt have the whole thing to himself could i? LOL!

anyway:
Harbor Frieght has a bunch of useful idems that are going in my bug bag, that are cheap.
but remember you get what you pay for!
HF stands behind all their products and gives lifetime warrenties on all idems, only problem with that is, in a SHTF situation, who are ya gonna take it back to? lol.

that being said heres some idems i recenly got their:
1. 8" Rambo style knife with kit including:
matches w/striker
sewing kit w/safty pin, thread, needle and buttons
fishing line with hook
compass (although it doesnt work on mine lol)
nice knife for what it is, Chineese steel, but a hell'ova saw topper.
$8.99
2. a cool led flashlight:
click it once it has led lights to work like a normal flashlight, click it again, and on the side it has 24 leds that light up on the side.
on the back it has a hidden hook that pops out so you can hang it, which also swivels, and also has a magnite on the back as well.
downside: no battery compartment.
$3.50 (i think)

3. mag+flint
$3

ive also seen solar battery chargers $14.99
they do have some reall cheap solar idems!

man i feel like a kid inna candy shop when im there!

oh, and if you subscribe to their HF junk mail catologs, there's usually cupons for free LED mini flashlights, scissors, as well ss 20% off cupons (w/purchases of course).

Colt 1911

Swiss army knives / multi tools
Reaction score
LOL, i couldnt just let Colt have the whole thing to himself could i? LOL!

anyway:
Harbor Frieght has a bunch of useful idems that are going in my bug bag, that are cheap.
but remember you get what you pay for!
HF stands behind all their products and gives lifetime warrenties on all idems, only problem with that is, in a SHTF situation, who are ya gonna take it back to? lol.

that being said heres some idems i recenly got their:
1. 8" Rambo style knife with kit including:
matches w/striker
sewing kit w/safty pin, thread, needle and buttons
fishing line with hook
compass (although it doesnt work on mine lol)
nice knife for what it is, Chineese steel, but a hell'ova saw topper.
$8.99
2. a cool led flashlight:
click it once it has led lights to work like a normal flashlight, click it again, and on the side it has 24 leds that light up on the side.
on the back it has a hidden hook that pops out so you can hang it, which also swivels, and also has a magnite on the back as well.
downside: no battery compartment.
$3.50 (i think)

3. mag+flint
$3

ive also seen solar battery chargers $14.99
they do have some reall cheap solar idems!

man i feel like a kid inna candy shop when im there!

oh, and if you subscribe to their HF junk mail catologs, there's usually cupons for free LED mini flashlights, scissors, as well ss 20% off cupons (w/purchases of course).
Cool thanks man, think i will grab the flint.

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
dude check out that light while you're there, its really cool, maybe ill put up some picks l8r

Survivalisateamsport

Reaction score
Speaking of solar items - have you thought of solar batteries, a solar trickle charger, and a 12-volt bilge pump as a method for delivering water into your residence/shelter? Harbor Freight has all of these darn cheap. If you have a Menards available, I've been able to pick up inexpensive, very good, bright solar shed lights for my farrowing house and am looking to do the same for my personal residence.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Speaking of solar items - have you thought of solar batteries, a solar trickle charger, and a 12-volt bilge pump as a method for delivering water into your residence/shelter? Harbor Freight has all of these darn cheap. If you have a Menards available, I've been able to pick up inexpensive, very good, bright solar shed lights for my farrowing house and am looking to do the same for my personal residence.
There are no Menards near me. So I guess I am stuck with harbor freight.

hj1984

Reaction score
I secretly love going to harbor freight. My SO gets the coupons in the mail and I am always scouring their ads for coupons...they have things as simple as masks (typically used while painting or sanding) but these can be used during first aid if blood/fluids are involved or to aid in air quality. A ten pack goes for a buck on sale I think. I am always sneaking items in the cart while he is shopping...being mainly a closet prepper, I typically tell him to take the kids to the car and I'll pay and meet them all outside lol The shit I do to hide my prepping/purchases. Jeesh...lol But ya they have TONS of stuff there for cheap that can be used for our needs! Not always high quality, as was mentioned before, but still works in a pinch

Krime

M.I.A.
Reaction score
I secretly love going to harbor freight. My SO gets the coupons in the mail and I am always scouring their ads for coupons...they have things as simple as masks (typically used while painting or sanding) but these can be used during first aid if blood/fluids are involved or to aid in air quality. A ten pack goes for a buck on sale I think. I am always sneaking items in the cart while he is shopping...being mainly a closet prepper, I typically tell him to take the kids to the car and I'll pay and meet them all outside lol The shit I do to hide my prepping/purchases. Jeesh...lol But ya they have TONS of stuff there for cheap that can be used for our needs! Not always high quality, as was mentioned before, but still works in a pinch
Ya the home ads usually include 20% off cupons, and a free led flashlight or scissors with any purchace.

Hades

.......I AM
Reaction score
this is the 71oo post , now i can go to bed, oh yeah i love harbor freight. my guys loose so much stuff, i gotta buy cheap junk.

Hades

.......I AM
Reaction score
It is cheap, but HF stands behind their products if the get screwed up.
they know anyone that buys thier quality of tools, are not going to take care of them. most will be lost not broken. The average person dont need good tools to tinker around the house. I have broken many things from Harbor freight, I have never returned one,lol. I knew when I bought it it would be broken or lost. Thats why I bought them. There are no cheap tools in my personal stuff.

SSgt.

Reaction score
I just went into my first one today. Kid in a candy store indeed! I wanted to grab everything i saw ( including the survival bowie knife). Took alot to only walk out with about 5 items.

Colt 1911

Swiss army knives / multi tools
Reaction score
I just went into my first one today. Kid in a candy store indeed! I wanted to grab everything i saw ( including the survival bowie knife). Took alot to only walk out with about 5 items.
Ya they have a lot of stuff but beware it is cheap for a reason.

booter360

Reaction score
I feel that way every time I'm in there! Lol

davidnh

Reaction score
I also pick up items there, many times I have free coupons for,Ill grab there led lighst and road ect,Items like those

davidnh

Reaction score
I also like HF.love those 20 5 off coupons, and I have got many of those led flashlights, anywhere from 1 buck to free,They not be the besy qulaity but for that cheap how can you go wrong,I have alos bought tarps, which we all know have many uses.good old duct tape,and a few magnesium fire starters.And I have tested them and they seem to work fine.I can never walk in there and just come out with one item.David

davidnh

Reaction score
And I have a few of there headlamps, again not the highest quality but as cheap as they are I can buy a few

Latest posts