Happy Thanksgiving

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20201126_121914.jpg
Forgot to post the finished bird. It was a success!

thousands of turkeys over destined for the christmas table have had to be slaughtered because they caught bird flu.

Thousands of turkeys culled after North Yorkshire bird flu outbreak
No disruption to Christmas supplies expected after outbreak at Northallerton site

"And now you know the rest of the story"

Happy Thanksgiving all you DPF people :)

What's everyone doing?
I make dinner every year, have gotten lucky with the last 3 years I haven't had to work.
This year, my stepson and his wife, plus their two kids are coming. My younger stepson and his girlfriend are coming, my parents, my daughter and her boyfriend, and hubby and I. My son is in Hawaii with his dad.
Usually we also spend the day with my sister and brother in law (hubbys younger sis), but they are at their son's house in MT, visiting their grandbabies.

When my mom passed away 33 years ago, it resulted in my family kind of going their separate ways. She was the glue that held us together, especially during the holidays.
Sorry to hear that.

Ever since my mom got too old to host the extended family, my middle sister has been host. The extended family has grown exponentially since then, but not everyone comes every time. Probably thirty some odd people will be there. My wife will make dressing.
Sounds like a great time
My mom likes to say every year she is glad she doesn’t have to make dinner.
I keep reminding her she hasn’t had to do it in 20 years, it’s always been at my place. No one ever brings anything to help but I’m so type A I prefer it that way.

I'm springing for an upscale sit down buffet for my wife, daughter, son, daughter in law, and her mother at one of our fancier local restaurants.

Go and enjoy! We just got back from doing so. It was fabulous!! 🍾 Yes, we eat dinner early. Today much earlier so we didn’t have to deal with tons of people.

Latest posts

Back