Ham radio most reliable communication

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago the electricity went out in my small town. At 2:00AM cop stopped by my radio shop because I had lights on and I was talking on my amateur radio. I answered his questions, told him the areas of the county that was without power. When the electricity goes dark and the internet is down, I will tune up my amateur radio and find out what is happening. All my life I have seen there are two types of people, those that DO and those that TALK. Now, some of us are ready.

Interesting point, do you know how to tune an antenna? Do you know how to check SWR of an antenna system? Do you know what the proper opperational modes are for the frequency you are operating? With the license you learn how to set-up and operate your radio station. This is not CB radio where you buy everything and bingo it works. de KA5SIW
Or even better, where NOT to talk. People get the impression of this Mad Max scenario, SHTF isn't going to be like that. Last thing I'd want is the government beating on my door because I was interfering with government comms with my bootleg rig. A whole lot of government agencies will be using large swaths of spectrum when it goes down. But I get it "government tracking"...;)

Latest posts

Back