"HAM" Radio Licensing

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Reaction score
I thought I would post this as I am have this book and am currently studying for my Ham Radio Operator's License.

Many believe when evrything goes south this may well be your only method of communications with the rest of the Country/World.

Ham Radio License Manual

I have found this book to be easy to understand as I am not an electronics guru.

thats f-ed up, having to be licensed, freedom of speech doesnt come into play hu? or having to have permission to use air wave thats as natural as the air we breath? as if it wernt bad enough having to spend all that money on a ham radio to begin with!

thats f-ed up, having to be licensed, freedom of speech doesnt come into play hu? or having to have permission to use air wave thats as natural as the air we breath? as if it wernt bad enough having to spend all that money on a ham radio to begin with!
No Freedom of speech is alive and well to a degree. on an open airwave like that you can't curse, incite a riot or speak of harming the President. other than that. Ham radio is as close to being your own radio station as you can get. they just have certain rules for the bandwidth that you use. I have never heard of anyone getting arrested for how they use the whole ham radio system. the test costs like 15.00 - 25.00 dollars. and is good for life.

i wouldn't ever harm the prez, but not being able to incite a riot? that would be hard for me hahaha j/k but for real i cuss waaaaaaaaaaaay too much in rl to do that, my best bet if i got one would be to wait till shtf then theres no legalitys

i wouldn't ever harm the prez, but not being able to incite a riot? that would be hard for me hahaha j/k but for real i cuss waaaaaaaaaaaay too much in rl to do that, my best bet if i got one would be to wait till shtf then theres no legalitys
my wife asks why i curse so much, and i keep telling her because gee wiz and golly just doesn't quite do it for me.

If she ever asks me to not curse i'm afraid i won't have a damn thing to say.

we're in the same boat bro, rofl, problem is when my kids pick it up, i try to hide my laughter, as their recieving punishment on some things, like the first time my son said “what the f@¡*” dude i was rollen.

we're in the same boat bro, rofl, problem is when my kids pick it up, i try to hide my laughter, as their recieving punishment on some things, like the first time my son said “what the f@¡*” dude i was rollen.
my step daughter got me one day. I snatched a piece of paper out of her hands and with out missing a beat she said, and I quote, "give it back jack ###!"
I couldn't get mad at her it was too damn funny!
Then just this morning I asked the youngest one why she was in trouble and her quote was, "because I gave Mommy and F U look." Thankfully she only used the letters F and U

ya my daughter ran around callen her brother the b word, i she got time out, but kept sayen it so i spanked her, but (like the whoopen ment nothen to her) she kept it up, for like a week strait, i busted out the irish spring, lol, she hasnt said it since!

ya my daughter ran around callen her brother the b word, i she got time out, but kept sayen it so i spanked her, but (like the whoopen ment nothen to her) she kept it up, for like a week strait, i busted out the irish spring, lol, she hasnt said it since!
When I was a kid soap in the mouth was a favorite for parents to stop foul language. They other go to was wooden spoons and hot wheel tracks.

ya my mom tryed the belt thing but after my ex-step-### beat me on a daily, i pritty much laughed in her face, im a big guy, my size scared her and she started using bats, was effective, but with my attitude at the time..... ya lol

ya my mom tryed the belt thing but after my ex-step-### beat me on a daily, i pritty much laughed in her face, im a big guy, my size scared her and she started using bats, was effective, but with my attitude at the time..... ya lol
Yeah the methods of disciplining a child have definitely changed over the years. Getting smacked in public when I was young was perfectly acceptable, and seemingly encouraged by other adults in the area.

the funny thing is, is us that did grew into decent people, kids today have no morel sence or manners..... god im old lmao

my parents didnt go that far, but i did have to say please/thank you for everything, keep elbows off the table, table manners n that kinda stuff.... im afraid all this is declining these days, although i try n teach my kids all this. wonder how DD's gonna effect all of this, may become extinct!

my parents didnt go that far, but i did have to say please/thank you for everything, keep elbows off the table, table manners n that kinda stuff.... im afraid all this is declining these days, although i try n teach my kids all this. wonder how DD's gonna effect all of this, may become extinct!
Or it will cause a rebirth of it. Maybe manners are like music and fashion... they go in and out of style.

Latest posts

Back