"HAM" Radio Licensing

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, I'm new.
Could someone try to help me with what kind/type of reasonably priced yet still effective radio and antenna?
Thank you for your help!!
Sandi

hello, i'm new.
could someone try to help me with what kind/type of reasonbly priced yet still effecting radio and antenna?
thank you for your help!!
Sandi
Hello Sandi! I found the following website, www.arrl.org/
ARRL is pretty much the authority on Ham Radio.
Before you get a ham radio and broadcast on it you have to have a license. ARRL.org will help you find test dates and locations in your area.
I am using the ARRL Ham Radio License Manual 2nd addition to study for my test.

I hope this helps you.

HA, im with ya there bro, i know only the little bit ive read! my extent goes as far as cb radios and walkie talkies.

ya truck driving is where my experience comes in with cb's, being a hoodlem back in the day is where i learned about walkie talkies a little

ya truck driving is where my experience comes in with cb's, being a hoodlem back in the day is where i learned about walkie talkies a little
I would like to get another CB in the near future as I have a feeling they will be almost as valuable has ham radios. However they will be scarce. FRS radios will have some practical applications in my opinion.

i like cobras personally, cheap but they take a beaten, i dont know about scarce, parts of me says they wont be cuz all the trucks have them, but how many people that raid them will get one, not sure

i like cobras personally, cheap but they take a beaten, i dont know about scarce, parts of me says they wont be cuz all the trucks have them, but how many people that raid them will get one, not sure
I do like cobras too, but i lean more towards galaxy radios. All the semi's do have them, but they aren't as common as they were back in the early 90's

Latest posts

Back