Ham exposure

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't do ham, although I'm on record for tons of other things, so I'm not sure it really matters.

Anyway, I don't have an address, I'm still figuring out how to get my driver's license in Illinois without a permanent address, let alone a HAM license.

Since amateur radio licenses are public record, name and address, does anyone have any concern in a doomsday scenario that they may be a target by the government or others? If so, what do you do to minimize these risks.

It is exactly those reasons I dont have a Ham or Gun licence over here in the UK, though I do have radio equipment and LEGAL Air rifles and Archery equipment. The less official lists I feature on the happier I am. I dont know about the US but in the UK you can access every UK ham licence holders details in just about every library or town hall.

And I NEVER leave radio antenna permenantly erected either, and when I do use the kit I do my best to conceal those antenna.

I have Ham and CB ( US and EU spec)

But you do need one to practice, otherwise you're not going to know if your equipment works properly and how it performs.

The licence is worth the trouble.

You can, its not ideal though. All you need is one person with a license in your group.

They have to find me first... my retreat property is not easy to find ... both in a deed/tax paper trail or in actual location... We (my ham friends and I) have a procedure for communication that is not easily understood if SHTF. I'm not saying that the NSA or some other alphabet agency cant locate me, but your casual local gubberment types wont find it that easy at all. And I think I would be far down the list and too much effort anyway

You can, its not ideal though. All you need is one person with a license in your group.
Legally you cannot.

Now, if you're talking about having one guy with the license teaching others without a license then yeah, I get your point.

Every group should have at least three people who know the ins and outs of radio communications. One person cannot listen 24/7/365, so at least three shifts for round the clock listening is good, having two or more people per shift to cover more bands is even better.

Remember, all the lives lost when the Titanic sank was mostly because radio operators on other ships went to bed.

Or you can have your address in a community one or two over from your physical address. Helps if it's a PO Box, too.

Living in a ghost town in New Mexico, if disaster comes the government will be so busy taking care of the cities, it will be weeks or months before they look up and think of the rest of the country. In Socorro county New Mexico there are 3 people per square mile compare that with New York where there are 28,000 people per square mile. Now who is going to get the attention?

The govt will be so busy trying to deal with ABQ, it'll be a long time before your county is looked at.

Biden & Company moved in over 30K troops and God only knows how many LEOs & FED agents - just so Biden wouldn't be embarrassed ....

if the Biden Regime decides that controlling the media isn't enough - cutting the internet feeds >>> they can send out 10,000s out to raid & confiscate radio broadcasting gear - arrest where necessary and track down the resister pirate broadcasters - it's not like it's a secret club with the majority having name & address in the computer ....

Latest posts

Back