Had to re-register. :(

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RV-Kitty2

Banned
Reaction score
I had to re-register on an old PC in the old office (DH is now retired) to get here. I kept getting diverted to the WalMart website on the other PC. I think the browser has a browser hijacker my anti-virus software doesn't pick up. I'm running spybot at the moment and hope to get rid of the problem soon.

You definitely got jacked, did you try Malwarebytes? That is a good program. Also use "HijackThis" and post it on a forum and a helpful programmer/hacker will often browse the list HiJackThis compiles and offers you good tips and solutions.

You definitely got jacked, did you try Malwarebytes? That is a good program. Also use "HijackThis" and post it on a forum and a helpful programmer/hacker will often browse the list HiJackThis compiles and offers you good tips and solutions.

I tried Spybot which found something called Couponbar and removed it but the problem on the other computer remains. At least 9 times out of ten when I try to get HERE, I get redirected to the Walmart page. It only happens here. I also used HiJackThis but have problems in the past with the advice I was given. This is the first Browser Hijacker I've had since the late 90s. :( I don't see anything unusual in the HijackThis log. I use Mozilla Firefox BTW.

I just downloaded AdAware and will run that. The bad news is the last time I got a Browser Hijacker I had to do, not a System Restore but a System Recovery. :( Nothing else worked to get rid of it.

Jump onto bleeping computer its another forum (Hope I can post that here) and ask for help.

Worst case scenario you will need to run ComboFix (Dont do this without being told to) these guys live and die by the idea that if you can't fix a computer without wiping it, you just don't know what your doing.

Latest posts

Back