had a rude awakening this morning

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess a "weed" is any plant that grows where you don't want it. If my property was covered in beautiful roses I would still consider them to be weeds as they serve no useful purpose and obstruct my use of the land. We may also be talking about a different plant but using the same name. This is what I'm referring to

NWW2103WX-Common-p-plant-LR.jpg

From Wiki

Prickly pears (Genus Opuntia) are an invasive plant species in Australia.

Prickly pears (mostly Opuntia stricta) were imported into Australia in the 19th century for use as a natural agricultural fence and in an attempt to establish a cochineal dye industry. They quickly became a widespread invasive species, rendering 40,000 km2 (15,000 sq mi) of farming land unproductive. The moth Cactoblastis cactorum from South America, whose larvae eat prickly pear, was introduced in 1925 and almost wiped out the population. This case is sometimes cited[1] as an example of successful biological pest control.

It used to do this in Oz

NWW054WX-common-pear-scone-.jpg

As you can see it would be impossible to do anything with land covered like that.

I guess a "weed" is any plant that grows where you don't want it. If my property was covered in beautiful roses I would still consider them to be weeds as they serve no useful purpose and obstruct my use of the land. We may also be talking about a different plant but using the same name. This is what I'm referring to

prickly pear in Texas
http://celebratebig.com/texas-big-bend/prickly-pear-cactus-fruits-big-bend-national-park.jpg

NWW2103WX-Common-p-plant-LR.jpg

From Wiki

It used to do this in Oz

NWW054WX-common-pear-scone-.jpg

As you can see it would be impossible to do anything with land covered like that.

Ah, similar but not the same. I guess you eat the red bit?

Last edited:
in my case..id squeeze the juice from each of the red parts.on account the juice is real good for ya..

Latest posts

Back