had a rude awakening this morning

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
someone on diff site asked about tents for hikeing and camping..so i went to look for mine so i can tell the name of it,as well as the size of it.and seeing how i have some other small enough items i keep with it..i put it all into a tote.i get to my garage just to learn i had put a old computer desk in front of it.which aint good if i have to bug out fast for what ever reason(s).so now it's a matter of finding a better location to keep it for easy access..

now i ask..are you prepared for a fast bug out if needed?do you know where every thing is for a fast bug out?do you have every thing needed for buging out?i dont.so my bug out items is a work in progress..do you have a bug out location,and diffrent routes planed for getting there?is your bug out vehicale up to par?
did you get around to moving your com desk yet?

i took out the little home made pc desk out of the house.and moved that one into the house.in which,thats where i have my pc now..but i do still have some cleaning and rearanging to do in that area of garage.i have a set of home built shelves just inside of the garage.i'll be keeping what i need there in totes.i know thats to close to the outside of the garage and all..but the van has a rear hatch that raises up and a slide open door on each side of van.if i dont have time to back the van up to the garage.then i can just open rear hatch and load every thing into the back that needs to go there.i've removed the middle seat from the van.and put the the back seat where the middle seat was.middle seat is a 2 pearson seat,and back seat is a 3 person seat.thats why i did that.plus it adds space in the back of van.there's 2 advanages to that extra space.1 for buging out if needed..2nd its good for when we do our primary shoping for the month..

i took out the little home made pc desk out of the house.and moved that one into the house.in which,thats where i have my pc now..but i do still have some cleaning and rearanging to do in that area of garage.i have a set of home built shelves just inside of the garage.i'll be keeping what i need there in totes.i know thats to close to the outside of the garage and all..but the van has a rear hatch that raises up and a slide open door on each side of van.if i dont have time to back the van up to the garage.then i can just open rear hatch and load every thing into the back that needs to go there.i've removed the middle seat from the van.and put the the back seat where the middle seat was.middle seat is a 2 pearson seat,and back seat is a 3 person seat.thats why i did that.plus it adds space in the back of van.there's 2 advanages to that extra space.1 for buging out if needed..2nd its good for when we do our primary shoping for the month..
That's all good, I haven't went near my garage yet but I did a clean out of the cupboard in the house...IT TOOK 4EVER. I think it best to have your stuff at the front of your garage, like you say it's good to back the van up and load.

well i not only got camping tote where i can get to it..but came across some other stuff i can add to it as well.like extra tent stakes.cooking utensils.in which i need some others as well.plus we have 3 ice chest right there with it.i dont know what they'd be good in a shtf situation,but i figured why not..

well i not only got camping tote where i can get to it..but came across some other stuff i can add to it as well.like extra tent stakes.cooking utensils.in which i need some others as well.plus we have 3 ice chest right there with it.i dont know what they'd be good in a shtf situation,but i figured why not..
A fridge worked for Indiana jones in a nuclear test but the Myth busters say noooo,

forget indiana jones and the myth busters..:p..i just want to keep something cold (IF) i can..and if not.then use them for fresh water if i can..but thats only if we have the van as well

forget indiana jones and the myth busters..:p..i just want to keep something cold (IF) i can..and if not.then use them for fresh water if i can..but thats only if we have the van as well
U'd need it in texas, Heats not to much of a problem in Scotland.lol:)

the heat heat can be pretty bad here when you have to go out into it and work

Don't think I could stand the heat in Texas.
All depends on where in Texas. Hell, it's bigger than the average country. I lived in San Antonio for a year and it was great weather. I did drive down to Laredo once and saw tumble weeds and the big upright cactus in the desert. It was beautiful in it's own way, just didn't look very inviting to stay too long.

All depends on where in Texas. Hell, it's bigger than the average country. I lived in San Antonio for a year and it was great weather. I did drive down to Laredo once and saw tumble weeds and the big upright cactus in the desert. It was beautiful in it's own way, just didn't look very inviting to stay too long.
I heard the night sky can be endless in Texas....I like the sound off that.

I grew up in Laredo. It ain't pretty around there, but survivability is high.
Just gotta know the plants and animals. Weather is easy to deal with as long as you use forethought.

I grew up in Laredo. It ain't pretty around there, but survivability is high.
Just gotta know the plants and animals. Weather is easy to deal with as long as you use forethought.
I saw a nat geo show on reptiles that lived in a barren desert, no plants or water source. I guess if a simple reptile can do it humans can too! Ive heard the cactus can be eaten, and hey you even get free toothpicks!!! I honestly thought the desert was beautiful, just looked like a tough place to deal with water.

Latest posts

Back